Royston U13s cruise to victory over Chelmsford
ROYSTON RFC U13s claimed a convincing 27-10 victory against a strong Chelmsford B side at the weekend.
It had been six weeks since Royston’s last game and the rustiness showed at the start of the match. Chelmsford scored a try in the fifth minute and it wasn’t until 10 minutes later before Rhys Deer scored the equalising try after racing clear from several challenges.
With the score 5-5 at half time, replacements Will Gapper, John Busher and debutant Tom Parry entered the contest.
Chelmsford scored a try at the start of the second half but skipper Jacob Boyce equalised almost immediately. Eddie Twyman then outpaced the Chelmsford defence to touch down in the corner.
Strong forward play by James Reeder and Cameron Bonfield enabled James Shannon to score a deserved try. Ben Ireland notched one conversion and made skilful runs forward, aided by Max Ayliffe and scrum-half Dominic Dunklin.
Tyler Boyne and Dan Jones enjoyed strong runs into Chelmsford territory and Joseph Gilhooly never stopped working.
Rhys Redrup scored Royston’s final try after fine work by forwards Man of the Match James Meecham and Backs Man of the Match Charlie Capewell.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 3 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 4 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 6 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 7 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 8 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 9 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 10 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
This was without doubt Royston’s best team performance of the season so far and Royston coach Aussie Ayliffe labelled the display as fantastic.