Royston U13s cruise to victory over Chelmsford
ROYSTON RFC U13s claimed a convincing 27-10 victory against a strong Chelmsford B side at the weekend.
It had been six weeks since Royston’s last game and the rustiness showed at the start of the match. Chelmsford scored a try in the fifth minute and it wasn’t until 10 minutes later before Rhys Deer scored the equalising try after racing clear from several challenges.
With the score 5-5 at half time, replacements Will Gapper, John Busher and debutant Tom Parry entered the contest.
Chelmsford scored a try at the start of the second half but skipper Jacob Boyce equalised almost immediately. Eddie Twyman then outpaced the Chelmsford defence to touch down in the corner.
Strong forward play by James Reeder and Cameron Bonfield enabled James Shannon to score a deserved try. Ben Ireland notched one conversion and made skilful runs forward, aided by Max Ayliffe and scrum-half Dominic Dunklin.
Tyler Boyne and Dan Jones enjoyed strong runs into Chelmsford territory and Joseph Gilhooly never stopped working.
Rhys Redrup scored Royston’s final try after fine work by forwards Man of the Match James Meecham and Backs Man of the Match Charlie Capewell.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 4 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 7 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 8 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 9 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 10 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
This was without doubt Royston’s best team performance of the season so far and Royston coach Aussie Ayliffe labelled the display as fantastic.