Royston U12s unlucky in Land Rover Cup
ROYSTON RUFC U12s travelled to Watford on Sunday to take part in the Land Rover Cup which was run by Saracens Academy.
Royston were drawn in a tough pool and played a very strong Beaconsfield side in the first game loosing 25- 0.
They were much improved in their second game, though, and were unlucky not to beat Cheshunt in a 5-5 draw. Ashley Jones scored Royston’s try before Cheshunt touched down just before the end.
The team continued to perform as the tournament progressed and they beat Hackney Bulls 10-0 in their next match with Edward Shannon scoring both tries.
The final game pitted them against Camelot and Royston started on the front foot with Shannon again getting himself on the scoresheet.
The best moment of the match came when Joseph Simons broke from his own 22 to run the length of the pitch and supply Shannon who touched down his second try of the match.
Disappointingly, Royston missed out on the semi finals on countback. However the team’s spirits were not lulled for long as they travelled to Vicarage Road in the afternoon to watch Saracens beat Bath in the Premiership.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 4 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 5 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 6 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 7 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 8 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 9 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge
- 10 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital