Royston U12s unlucky in Land Rover Cup
ROYSTON RUFC U12s travelled to Watford on Sunday to take part in the Land Rover Cup which was run by Saracens Academy.
Royston were drawn in a tough pool and played a very strong Beaconsfield side in the first game loosing 25- 0.
They were much improved in their second game, though, and were unlucky not to beat Cheshunt in a 5-5 draw. Ashley Jones scored Royston’s try before Cheshunt touched down just before the end.
The team continued to perform as the tournament progressed and they beat Hackney Bulls 10-0 in their next match with Edward Shannon scoring both tries.
The final game pitted them against Camelot and Royston started on the front foot with Shannon again getting himself on the scoresheet.
You may also want to watch:
The best moment of the match came when Joseph Simons broke from his own 22 to run the length of the pitch and supply Shannon who touched down his second try of the match.
Disappointingly, Royston missed out on the semi finals on countback. However the team’s spirits were not lulled for long as they travelled to Vicarage Road in the afternoon to watch Saracens beat Bath in the Premiership.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims