Royston Town Youth FC celebrate 40th birthday with the FA Cup
- Credit: Archant
The FA Cup brought out the crowds as Royston Town Youth FC’s celebrated their 40th birthday via their annual presentation evening last Saturday.
An eight team six-a-side tournament, formed of young boys and girls aged between U7 and U10, preceded the main presentation in the afternoon.
The trophy was eventually won on sudden death penalties.
The Crows’ main presentation started at 12.30pm with the U7 group and finished with the U18 team.
It turned into a very long day for everyone involved but one that was enjoyed by all involved with the club.
You may also want to watch:
The FA Cup was an added bonus on the day, in attendance due to Royston’s partnership deal with Nike.
Angela Baulk, co-chairperson of Royston Town Youth, said: “The club are grateful to all our volunteers that helped on the day.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 6 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
“We could not have done it without them or the parents who gave up their time to help make it a great day.”