Royston Town Youth FC celebrate 40th birthday with the FA Cup
- Credit: Archant
The FA Cup brought out the crowds as Royston Town Youth FC’s celebrated their 40th birthday via their annual presentation evening last Saturday.
An eight team six-a-side tournament, formed of young boys and girls aged between U7 and U10, preceded the main presentation in the afternoon.
The trophy was eventually won on sudden death penalties.
The Crows’ main presentation started at 12.30pm with the U7 group and finished with the U18 team.
It turned into a very long day for everyone involved but one that was enjoyed by all involved with the club.
You may also want to watch:
The FA Cup was an added bonus on the day, in attendance due to Royston’s partnership deal with Nike.
Angela Baulk, co-chairperson of Royston Town Youth, said: “The club are grateful to all our volunteers that helped on the day.
- 1 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 2 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 3 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 4 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 5 Ralph Fiennes to star in Four Quartets on Cambridge Arts Theatre stage
- 6 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 7 Former mayor bows out with honorary black belt at Judo club launch
- 8 Once-in-a-generation improvement scheme completed at London King's Cross station
- 9 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
- 10 Eclipse: How and when to watch the partial solar eclipse on Thursday
“We could not have done it without them or the parents who gave up their time to help make it a great day.”