Superb win for Royston Town as they claim Stevenage scalp in Women’s FA Cup
- Credit: PA
Royston Town had a day to remember on Sunday as they moved into the third qualifying round of the Women’s FA Cup and a date with Harlow Town.
Their match against National League Division One South East Stevenage, one level higher than the Crows, had finished 3-3 after a breathless 90 minutes.
Five of the goals came in the first-half.
Yas Pratt put Royston ahead after just five minutes only for Chloe Gunn to equalise six minutes later.
Gemma Croucher made it 2-1 from the penalty spot on 20 minutes but again it was short-lived with Becky Shepherd levelling seven minutes later.
You may also want to watch:
Royston were back in front by half-time though, Croucher getting her second, but Gunn’s completed her own brace midway through the second period to take the match to penalties.
And the Crows kept their heads to win the shoot-out 5-3, Yaz Walford making a big save in the fourth round of kicks.
- 1 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 4 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 5 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 6 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 7 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Campaigners write to MPs opposing trade deal which is of 'great concern to local people'
- 9 Mass vaccination centre in town 'first' to open next week
- 10 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes