Superb win for Royston Town as they claim Stevenage scalp in Women’s FA Cup
- Credit: PA
Royston Town had a day to remember on Sunday as they moved into the third qualifying round of the Women’s FA Cup and a date with Harlow Town.
Their match against National League Division One South East Stevenage, one level higher than the Crows, had finished 3-3 after a breathless 90 minutes.
Five of the goals came in the first-half.
Yas Pratt put Royston ahead after just five minutes only for Chloe Gunn to equalise six minutes later.
Gemma Croucher made it 2-1 from the penalty spot on 20 minutes but again it was short-lived with Becky Shepherd levelling seven minutes later.
You may also want to watch:
Royston were back in front by half-time though, Croucher getting her second, but Gunn’s completed her own brace midway through the second period to take the match to penalties.
And the Crows kept their heads to win the shoot-out 5-3, Yaz Walford making a big save in the fourth round of kicks.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 3 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 4 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 5 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 7 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 8 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 9 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 10 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation