Superb win for Royston Town as they claim Stevenage scalp in Women’s FA Cup
- Credit: PA
Royston Town had a day to remember on Sunday as they moved into the third qualifying round of the Women’s FA Cup and a date with Harlow Town.
Their match against National League Division One South East Stevenage, one level higher than the Crows, had finished 3-3 after a breathless 90 minutes.
Five of the goals came in the first-half.
Yas Pratt put Royston ahead after just five minutes only for Chloe Gunn to equalise six minutes later.
Gemma Croucher made it 2-1 from the penalty spot on 20 minutes but again it was short-lived with Becky Shepherd levelling seven minutes later.
You may also want to watch:
Royston were back in front by half-time though, Croucher getting her second, but Gunn’s completed her own brace midway through the second period to take the match to penalties.
And the Crows kept their heads to win the shoot-out 5-3, Yaz Walford making a big save in the fourth round of kicks.
- 1 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 2 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 3 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 4 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 5 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 6 Local Election 2021: Counting starts for North Herts council
- 7 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 8 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 9 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 10 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?