Superb win for Royston Town as they claim Stevenage scalp in Women’s FA Cup
- Credit: PA
Royston Town had a day to remember on Sunday as they moved into the third qualifying round of the Women’s FA Cup and a date with Harlow Town.
Their match against National League Division One South East Stevenage, one level higher than the Crows, had finished 3-3 after a breathless 90 minutes.
Five of the goals came in the first-half.
Yas Pratt put Royston ahead after just five minutes only for Chloe Gunn to equalise six minutes later.
Gemma Croucher made it 2-1 from the penalty spot on 20 minutes but again it was short-lived with Becky Shepherd levelling seven minutes later.
You may also want to watch:
Royston were back in front by half-time though, Croucher getting her second, but Gunn’s completed her own brace midway through the second period to take the match to penalties.
And the Crows kept their heads to win the shoot-out 5-3, Yaz Walford making a big save in the fourth round of kicks.
- 1 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 2 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 5 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 6 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 7 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 8 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show