Royston Town v Stanway Rovers preview
Royston Town v Stanway Rovers, FA Vase Third Round previewSaturday, December 5 - 3pm KOWhere: Garden Walk, Royston.Who: Stanway Rovers are managed by Steve Downey after the man from Northern Ireland took over in the summer from joint managers Rob Bate
Royston Town v Stanway Rovers, FA Vase Third Round preview
Saturday, December 5 - 3pm KO
Where: Garden Walk, Royston.
Who: Stanway Rovers are managed by Steve Downey after the man from Northern Ireland took over in the summer from joint managers Rob Bate and Paul Symes.
You may also want to watch:
Last season the club finished ninth in the Ridgeons (Eastern Counties) Premier Division - it was their third season in the league after promotion in 2006 - and they made it to the fourth round of the FA Vase where they were knocked out by St Ives Town 2-0 in a replay.
They also won the Ridgeons League Cup 4-2 on penalties against Leiston at Diss Town last year.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 3 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 4 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 10 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
Season so far: Stanway come into Saturday's FA Vase match on the back of a 2-1 win over Kirkley and Pakefield in the league on Saturday.
Although currently fourth in the league, Stanway have hit some patchy form recently, having won just once in their last five league games.
If he plays, Sam Newston is Stanway's danger man. The striker has hit 12 goals in his side's last eight games. He is the twin brother of midfielder Ben.