Royston Town Supporters Club
THE newly-formed Royston Town Supporters Club was in fine voice again on Saturday cheering The Crows to victory over Sport London e Benfica. With more than 50 signed-up members, the club is planning a variety of activities. On Saturday, club president M
THE newly-formed Royston Town Supporters Club was in fine voice again on Saturday cheering The Crows to victory over Sport London e Benfica.
With more than 50 signed-up members, the club is planning a variety of activities.
On Saturday, club president Michael Pinner organised a raffle of tickets for last night's (Wednesday) England v Switzerland game, donated by ABA Consulting.
The raffle raised more than £100 which will be given to the players' pool.
Michael said: "It was a great way of raising money for the club, and we were also able to sign up a lot of new members. Our membership is free to join and every member will receive a regular newsletter by email.
"We're also hoping to organise a coach to take our supporters to away games."
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 3 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 5 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 6 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 7 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 8 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 9 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 10 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
Club president Alan Barlow said: "They got themselves together just before Paul Attfield arrived at the club, and a bit like the team, they are going from strength-to-strength.
"Paul, Tony Galvin, and the players all really appreciate what the supporters are doing and it's making Garden Walk a difficult place to come for the opposition.
"They are really well organised with their barmy army flag, as well as their repertoire of songs and chants led by their drummer.
"The atmosphere at the home games has been fantastic!"
# For more information on the Royston Town Supporters Club contact Michael Pinner on firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael is pictured with the lucky winners of the Wembley tickets for the England v Switzerland game.