Royston Town Supporters Club
THE newly-formed Royston Town Supporters Club was in fine voice again on Saturday cheering The Crows to victory over Sport London e Benfica. With more than 50 signed-up members, the club is planning a variety of activities. On Saturday, club president M
THE newly-formed Royston Town Supporters Club was in fine voice again on Saturday cheering The Crows to victory over Sport London e Benfica.
With more than 50 signed-up members, the club is planning a variety of activities.
On Saturday, club president Michael Pinner organised a raffle of tickets for last night's (Wednesday) England v Switzerland game, donated by ABA Consulting.
The raffle raised more than £100 which will be given to the players' pool.
You may also want to watch:
Michael said: "It was a great way of raising money for the club, and we were also able to sign up a lot of new members. Our membership is free to join and every member will receive a regular newsletter by email.
"We're also hoping to organise a coach to take our supporters to away games."
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 3 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 10 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
Club president Alan Barlow said: "They got themselves together just before Paul Attfield arrived at the club, and a bit like the team, they are going from strength-to-strength.
"Paul, Tony Galvin, and the players all really appreciate what the supporters are doing and it's making Garden Walk a difficult place to come for the opposition.
"They are really well organised with their barmy army flag, as well as their repertoire of songs and chants led by their drummer.
"The atmosphere at the home games has been fantastic!"
# For more information on the Royston Town Supporters Club contact Michael Pinner on email@example.com
Michael is pictured with the lucky winners of the Wembley tickets for the England v Switzerland game.