Royston Town set for a busy pre-season
- Credit: Archant
ROYSTON Town have completed what looks a busy schedule of pre-season games.
The Crows will play nine friendlies in total, with the Herts Craity Cup first round game against Cheshunt sandwiched within these on Saturday, August 1.
Cambridge United, Cambridge City and Histon are three of the more attractive fixtures, with all three to be staged at Garden Walk [see full list below].
The game against Cambridge City will be an interesting affair, with Royston having signed four players from the The Lilywhites close season.
Robbie Nightingale, Adie Cambridge, Tom Pepper and David Theobald have all been snapped up by Royston boss Paul Attfield, while forward Mitchell Bryant, who has joined The Crows from Frome Town, was on loan at Cambridge City last season.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile the Herts outfit have announced that midfielder Sam Spencer has agreed a new two-year deal with the club.
Royston Town’s pre-season friendlies:
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 8 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 9 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 10 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
Sat 13-Jul 3pm - Standon & Puckeridge (away)
Tue 16-Jul 7:45pm - Cambridge United (home)
Sat 20-Jul 3pm - Ampthill Town (away)
Tue 23-Jul 7pm - Hoddesdon Town (away)
Sat 27-Jul 3p - Histon (home)
Tue 30-Jul 7:45pm - Army Infantry FC (home)
Wed 31-Jul 7:45pm - Godmanchester Rovers (away)
Tue 06-Aug 7:45pm - Cambridge City (home)
Sat 10-Aug 3pm - Fleet Town (home)