Royston Town Rovers smash their way into Herts County Cup last eight
- Credit: Archant
Joe Abe scored four as Royston Town Rovers U14s hammered AC Finchley Youth 7-0 to reach the Herts County Cup quarter-finals.
Rovers applied lots of early pressure and were soon 1-0 up.
Corey Marshall linked up with Taylor Walker whose shot was parried into the path of Abe who tapped in.
Finchley hit the crossbar and drew a fine block from keeper Alfie Massman-Brown soon after before Marshall ran the length of the pitch to fire home for 2-0.
Two became three as Marshall again had a great run, striking a fierce shot at the end of it which the keeper saved but Walker followed up with a tap-in.
Marshall’s second was a cracker. He scissor kicked to ball into the net as Rovers were running riot.
Then, Abe got his second just before half-time. Walker’s shot was parried into the path of the striker who tapped in from close range.
- 1 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
- 5 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 6 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 7 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 8 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 9 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
The second half saw Rovers create more chances. Euan Hove’s accurate pass found Abe who coolly finished for his hat-trick.
Rovers made it seven before the end. Anthony Nygro squaring the ball for Abe to get his fourth.