Royston Town Rovers smash their way into Herts County Cup last eight
- Credit: Archant
Joe Abe scored four as Royston Town Rovers U14s hammered AC Finchley Youth 7-0 to reach the Herts County Cup quarter-finals.
Rovers applied lots of early pressure and were soon 1-0 up.
Corey Marshall linked up with Taylor Walker whose shot was parried into the path of Abe who tapped in.
Finchley hit the crossbar and drew a fine block from keeper Alfie Massman-Brown soon after before Marshall ran the length of the pitch to fire home for 2-0.
Two became three as Marshall again had a great run, striking a fierce shot at the end of it which the keeper saved but Walker followed up with a tap-in.
Marshall’s second was a cracker. He scissor kicked to ball into the net as Rovers were running riot.
Then, Abe got his second just before half-time. Walker’s shot was parried into the path of the striker who tapped in from close range.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 3 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 4 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 5 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 6 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 7 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 8 Citizens Advice: Your rights should anything get lost or delayed in the post
- 9 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 10 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
The second half saw Rovers create more chances. Euan Hove’s accurate pass found Abe who coolly finished for his hat-trick.
Rovers made it seven before the end. Anthony Nygro squaring the ball for Abe to get his fourth.