Royston Town Rovers smash their way into Herts County Cup last eight
- Credit: Archant
Joe Abe scored four as Royston Town Rovers U14s hammered AC Finchley Youth 7-0 to reach the Herts County Cup quarter-finals.
Rovers applied lots of early pressure and were soon 1-0 up.
Corey Marshall linked up with Taylor Walker whose shot was parried into the path of Abe who tapped in.
Finchley hit the crossbar and drew a fine block from keeper Alfie Massman-Brown soon after before Marshall ran the length of the pitch to fire home for 2-0.
Two became three as Marshall again had a great run, striking a fierce shot at the end of it which the keeper saved but Walker followed up with a tap-in.
You may also want to watch:
Marshall’s second was a cracker. He scissor kicked to ball into the net as Rovers were running riot.
Then, Abe got his second just before half-time. Walker’s shot was parried into the path of the striker who tapped in from close range.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 6 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 10 Winter wonderland coming to Cambridge as The North Pole ice rink returns
The second half saw Rovers create more chances. Euan Hove’s accurate pass found Abe who coolly finished for his hat-trick.
Rovers made it seven before the end. Anthony Nygro squaring the ball for Abe to get his fourth.