Royston Town Rovers smash their way into Herts County Cup last eight
- Credit: Archant
Joe Abe scored four as Royston Town Rovers U14s hammered AC Finchley Youth 7-0 to reach the Herts County Cup quarter-finals.
Rovers applied lots of early pressure and were soon 1-0 up.
Corey Marshall linked up with Taylor Walker whose shot was parried into the path of Abe who tapped in.
Finchley hit the crossbar and drew a fine block from keeper Alfie Massman-Brown soon after before Marshall ran the length of the pitch to fire home for 2-0.
Two became three as Marshall again had a great run, striking a fierce shot at the end of it which the keeper saved but Walker followed up with a tap-in.
You may also want to watch:
Marshall’s second was a cracker. He scissor kicked to ball into the net as Rovers were running riot.
Then, Abe got his second just before half-time. Walker’s shot was parried into the path of the striker who tapped in from close range.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 4 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Commissioner to grill Herts Police chief over stalking powers 'failure'
The second half saw Rovers create more chances. Euan Hove’s accurate pass found Abe who coolly finished for his hat-trick.
Rovers made it seven before the end. Anthony Nygro squaring the ball for Abe to get his fourth.