Royston Town put Barley to the sword
Royston Town CC v Barley CC PLAYING host to Barley, Royston Town won the toss and placed their visitors into bat but some wild bowling coupled with bad luck in the field enabled Barley to gain ground early on. The bowling eventually tightened up and some
Royston Town CC v Barley CC
PLAYING host to Barley, Royston Town won the toss and placed their visitors into bat but some wild bowling coupled with bad luck in the field enabled Barley to gain ground early on.
The bowling eventually tightened up and some pacework from team stalwart Steve Gwynne (3-20) plus and a hat trick of wickets for newly invigorated Daisley (3-4) made significant inroads.
Blank was also on target with the ball and opened his account for the year, and some excellent work by Paxton behind the sticks meant Barley were held to a meagre 146.
The ever reliable Woodford then took the field accompanied by his captain Gwynne, and the runs soon began to pile up.
By the time Gwynne (70) fell to an lbw appeal by Symes the score stood at 95, and by the drinks interval the result was never in doubt with the residing team needing only one run per over to secure victory with 15 overs to spare.
- 1 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 4 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 7 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end
- 8 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 9 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
- 10 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
Two wickets fell in quick succession to Bonnett, but a strong stand by Daisley meant that Hawkins, playing against his old team, was able to steer the home side home in style with a huge six over long on.
Royston Town travel to Cambridge tomorrow (Wednesday) to play the Spooks and will play host to Radwinter on July 12.
The club is also gearing up for its August Bank Holiday weekend festival and is looking for new recruits. Call Steve Gwynne 077256-70771 or Dominic on 07979-490-819 for more.