Royston Town put Barley to the sword
Royston Town CC v Barley CC PLAYING host to Barley, Royston Town won the toss and placed their visitors into bat but some wild bowling coupled with bad luck in the field enabled Barley to gain ground early on. The bowling eventually tightened up and some
Royston Town CC v Barley CC
PLAYING host to Barley, Royston Town won the toss and placed their visitors into bat but some wild bowling coupled with bad luck in the field enabled Barley to gain ground early on.
The bowling eventually tightened up and some pacework from team stalwart Steve Gwynne (3-20) plus and a hat trick of wickets for newly invigorated Daisley (3-4) made significant inroads.
Blank was also on target with the ball and opened his account for the year, and some excellent work by Paxton behind the sticks meant Barley were held to a meagre 146.
The ever reliable Woodford then took the field accompanied by his captain Gwynne, and the runs soon began to pile up.
By the time Gwynne (70) fell to an lbw appeal by Symes the score stood at 95, and by the drinks interval the result was never in doubt with the residing team needing only one run per over to secure victory with 15 overs to spare.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 3 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 4 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 5 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 6 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 7 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 8 Little Seedlings workshops to teach budding gardeners this summer
- 9 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 10 Property: How could the new laws for renters affect you?
Two wickets fell in quick succession to Bonnett, but a strong stand by Daisley meant that Hawkins, playing against his old team, was able to steer the home side home in style with a huge six over long on.
Royston Town travel to Cambridge tomorrow (Wednesday) to play the Spooks and will play host to Radwinter on July 12.
The club is also gearing up for its August Bank Holiday weekend festival and is looking for new recruits. Call Steve Gwynne 077256-70771 or Dominic on 07979-490-819 for more.