Royston Town put Barley to the sword
Royston Town CC v Barley CC PLAYING host to Barley, Royston Town won the toss and placed their visitors into bat but some wild bowling coupled with bad luck in the field enabled Barley to gain ground early on. The bowling eventually tightened up and some
Royston Town CC v Barley CC
PLAYING host to Barley, Royston Town won the toss and placed their visitors into bat but some wild bowling coupled with bad luck in the field enabled Barley to gain ground early on.
The bowling eventually tightened up and some pacework from team stalwart Steve Gwynne (3-20) plus and a hat trick of wickets for newly invigorated Daisley (3-4) made significant inroads.
Blank was also on target with the ball and opened his account for the year, and some excellent work by Paxton behind the sticks meant Barley were held to a meagre 146.
You may also want to watch:
The ever reliable Woodford then took the field accompanied by his captain Gwynne, and the runs soon began to pile up.
By the time Gwynne (70) fell to an lbw appeal by Symes the score stood at 95, and by the drinks interval the result was never in doubt with the residing team needing only one run per over to secure victory with 15 overs to spare.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
- 10 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
Two wickets fell in quick succession to Bonnett, but a strong stand by Daisley meant that Hawkins, playing against his old team, was able to steer the home side home in style with a huge six over long on.
Royston Town travel to Cambridge tomorrow (Wednesday) to play the Spooks and will play host to Radwinter on July 12.
The club is also gearing up for its August Bank Holiday weekend festival and is looking for new recruits. Call Steve Gwynne 077256-70771 or Dominic on 07979-490-819 for more.