Royston Town lose their way on the road as they are beaten by Bedford Town
- Credit: Archant
Royston Town’s tiring schedule seemingly caught up with them at the weekend as they fell to a 3-1 defeat at struggling Bedford Town.
Having played 12 matches since the start of October with a depleted squad, the Crows looked flat although they did take a third-minute lead.
Ryan Ingrey’s gamble paid off as the Town keeper’s rushed clearance struck the lurking striker and rebounded into the unguarded net.
Royston had a chance to double the lead but from there, Bedford dominated and drew level just after the half hour.
Stuart Smethers headed home a poorly-defended corner to tie proceedings.
You may also want to watch:
The Crows barely had time to regroup before the Blues were ahead.
Tom Liversedge was found by Rob Parker and he slotted past the unfortunate Dominic Russo.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 10 Hunt the hearts at town trail to raise money for charity
The visitors hung on for the majority of the second half, but Scott Cross’ 89th-minute goal finished the contest.