Royston Town learn FA Cup, FA Trophy and FA Youth Cup fate
- Credit: Archant
Royston Town will host old foes Egham Town in the preliminary round of the FA Trophy after the draw was made this morning (Friday).
A 1-1 home draw with the Surrey side on the final day of last season’s Southern League Division One Central campaign meant both sides had to negotiate the play-offs in order to gain Premier Division promotion while Kings Langley went up automatically.
The Crows were eventually defeated by AFC Rushden & Diamonds in the semi-finals, missing out at the same stage for the second season running.
Egham were also defeated in the final four.
The tie will take place on Saturday, October 8.
You may also want to watch:
Should Steve Castle’s men advance they will face either Ryman League Division South’s Dorking Wanderers or Southern League Division One Central rivals Northwood in first round qualifying on Saturday, October 29.
Royston have been handed another home tie in the FA Cup preliminary round as they host Ryman League Division North outfit Heybridge Swifts on Saturday, August 20.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 4 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Commissioner to grill Herts Police chief over stalking powers 'failure'
In the FA Youth Cup, Town, who famously reached the fourth round two seasons ago before being ousted by Arsenal, will travel to Thurrock in the preliminary round in the week commencing Monday, September 5.
A victory would set up another away clash with either Chelmsford City or Waltham Abbey in the week commencing Monday, September 19.