PLAYER RATINGS: Royston Town 5–0 St Neots Town
- Credit: Archant
Read Toby Miles’ player ratings as Royston Town overpowered St Neots Town for a 5-0 derby victory at Garden Walk.
The Crows bounced back from their 2-1 loss to Stourbridge by earning their third home win in a row.
Joe Welch: 8 – Untroubled but marshalled his box well. His bellowed instructions were constant and he kept the Crows focused after the game was won early in the first-half.
Gus Scott-Morriss: 7 – Battled well at right-back. Ambitious going forward and disciplined in defence. Spent much of the game winding up the Neots players.
Jordan Norville-Williams: 6 – Inaccurate with his passing and a little loose in possession, but did what he needed to in defence.
Spyros Mentis: 6 – Not involved much but fought well in midfield.
- 1 Tesco Community Garden to hold weekend celebration
- 2 School to make 'wide-ranging changes' following Ofsted inspection
- 3 Fowlmere residents voice objections to housing development
- 4 Chancellor and health secretary dramatically quit
- 5 Health at the Hub project launched in Melbourn
- 6 Kite Festival set to return to Royston next month
- 7 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 8 Cambridge Summer Music Festival 2022 brings world-class classical performers to Cambridgeshire
- 9 Chief of staff Steve Barclay replaces Sajid Javid as health secretary
- 10 Citizens Advice: What to do if you have issues with delayed or cancelled flights
Ben Martin: 8 – Powerful in defence and always a threat from corners, another of the Crows important leaders on the pitch. The former St Albans City centre-back was a helpful guide for Scott-Morriss.
Daniel Braithwaite: 7 – The captain was professional at the back, and stifled Neots until he was substituted in the second half.
Josh Castiglione: 9 – Very impressive first-half. He was vital in build-up play and ambitious when creating chances himself, with clever flicks and bursting runs providing a constant threat. Won the foul for Gordon’s penalty before he was substituted in the second half.
Sam Corcoran: 8 – Composed in centre-midfield, he provided a brilliant assist for Vance Bola with an expertly curled switch.
Adam Murray: 7 – A danger just through his presence on the pitch, he kept the visitors busy but didn’t have much influence with the ball apart from some clever lay-offs. Slotted in at centre-back late in the game.
Vance Bola: 9 – Found good positions and dealt well with tight areas, Bola was central to both first-half goals, forcing Tom Woods’ own-goal and blasting in the second after using his electric pace to distance the Neots defence.
Rohdell Gordon: 8 – His pace was a threat all game and his two penalties were finished cooly – a brilliant run from the halfway line winning the second one.
Scott Thomas: 7 – Settled into midfield well after coming on in the second-half for Corcoran.
David Mooney: 8 – Did well when he came on for Braithwaite, going close with two chances immediately after finding good positions.
Chris Assombalonga: 7 – Some good runs kept the visitors busy right to the death after coming on for Castiglione.
Unused subs: James Potton, Romelle Aolmenu.