Cambs County League reaches Christmas break with games surviving postponements
- Credit: CATHERINE IVILL/PA
The Cambs County League shutdown for their Christmas break with a good number of games surviving the COVID-19 precautions.
Foxton were one of those without a game and they could only watch as Great Shelford extended their lead at the top of the Premier Division to four points with a 4-1 home win against Witchford 96.
Bassingbourn are also second in Division Senior A after their game at Brampton was called off.
Their deficit to leaders Newmarket Town Res remains at two points though after they too were left idle by the postponement of their home match with Milton.
Orwell sit third after a surprise 1-0 loss at Hundon.
Melbourn are top of Division One A at Christmas after a 2-1 win away to Mott MacDonald. They are six points clear of Great Shelford Res.
Steeple Morden fell to a 6-2 loss at home to West Wratting Res, Alex Pepper and Sam Hale getting their goals.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 2 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 3 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 6 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 7 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 8 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 9 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 10 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home
Orwell Res stretched their lead at the top of Division Three A with a 3-0 success at Clare Town Res, keeping their unbeaten record intact.