Royston Town chasing two strikers following Craig Hammond's move to Histon
ROYSTON Town have made offers to two players as manager Paul Attfield looks to fill the void left by the departure of star striker Craig Hammond. The Crows have made offers to both Ryan Wade of Hertford Town and Stuart Reynolds of Cranfield United after f
ROYSTON Town have made offers to two players as manager Paul Attfield looks to fill the void left by the departure of star striker Craig Hammond.
The Crows have made offers to both Ryan Wade of Hertford Town and Stuart Reynolds of Cranfield United after formally approaching their respective clubs over the weekend.
Both players have gone off to think over their offers and are expected to make decisions by the weekend as Royston prepare for their first league match of the new campaign away to Biggleswade United on Saturday.
Attfield is looking to replace Hammond, who signed for Blue Square Premier side Histon on Monday, and told the Crow: "I am confident we can conclude something over the weekend."
You may also want to watch:
Wade blew away the Crows' supporters last night (Tuesday) when he scored a six-minute hat-trick in the 5-1 win against Cambridge city at Garden Walk, with Royston having Hertford's permission to play him in the game.
Wade was the Premier Division's top scorer last season with 33 goals for Broxbourne Borough before his switch to Hertford, while Reynolds was the second top scorer in Division One behind Hammond with 34 goals.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 8 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?