Royston Town chasing two strikers following Craig Hammond's move to Histon
ROYSTON Town have made offers to two players as manager Paul Attfield looks to fill the void left by the departure of star striker Craig Hammond. The Crows have made offers to both Ryan Wade of Hertford Town and Stuart Reynolds of Cranfield United after f
ROYSTON Town have made offers to two players as manager Paul Attfield looks to fill the void left by the departure of star striker Craig Hammond.
The Crows have made offers to both Ryan Wade of Hertford Town and Stuart Reynolds of Cranfield United after formally approaching their respective clubs over the weekend.
Both players have gone off to think over their offers and are expected to make decisions by the weekend as Royston prepare for their first league match of the new campaign away to Biggleswade United on Saturday.
Attfield is looking to replace Hammond, who signed for Blue Square Premier side Histon on Monday, and told the Crow: "I am confident we can conclude something over the weekend."
You may also want to watch:
Wade blew away the Crows' supporters last night (Tuesday) when he scored a six-minute hat-trick in the 5-1 win against Cambridge city at Garden Walk, with Royston having Hertford's permission to play him in the game.
Wade was the Premier Division's top scorer last season with 33 goals for Broxbourne Borough before his switch to Hertford, while Reynolds was the second top scorer in Division One behind Hammond with 34 goals.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme