Royston Town chairman expects Craig Hammond to be a success at Histon
ROYSTON Town president Alan Barlow has given Craig Hammond a glowing tribute following the striker s move to Blue Square Premier side Histon. The Crows agreed terms for the transfer for a four-figure sum of Hammond to Histon at the end of last week and th
ROYSTON Town president Alan Barlow has given Craig Hammond a glowing tribute following the striker's move to Blue Square Premier side Histon.
The Crows agreed terms for the transfer for a four-figure sum of Hammond to Histon at the end of last week and the move will be concluded today (Monday, August 3) with Hammond expecting to sign a one year deal.
Mr Barlow said: "Whilst we are obviously sorry to lose Craig, who has been a tremendous asset to the club over the past two seasons, we are really pleased that he will be able to have the opportunity to play at the highest level of non league football with a club of the calibre of Histon.
"In the time Craig has been with Royston he has matured as a player and that is in no small part due to the role played by our manager Paul Attfield.
"Paul has instilled in him a greater sense of discipline and Craig has certainly benefited from this and was rewarded with the club's captaincy last season.
"He is a natural goal scorer as his 80 plus goals for the club in all competitions last season proved.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 3 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 4 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 6 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 7 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 8 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 9 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 10 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
"We wish Craig and Histon all the best for the forthcoming season. We are confident that he will be a great success, score lots of goals and in time will become a fan's favourite."
Mr Barlow said the club must now move on and Attfield will be considering a number of options to replace Craig in the near future.