Royston Town chairman expects Craig Hammond to be a success at Histon
ROYSTON Town president Alan Barlow has given Craig Hammond a glowing tribute following the striker s move to Blue Square Premier side Histon. The Crows agreed terms for the transfer for a four-figure sum of Hammond to Histon at the end of last week and th
ROYSTON Town president Alan Barlow has given Craig Hammond a glowing tribute following the striker's move to Blue Square Premier side Histon.
The Crows agreed terms for the transfer for a four-figure sum of Hammond to Histon at the end of last week and the move will be concluded today (Monday, August 3) with Hammond expecting to sign a one year deal.
Mr Barlow said: "Whilst we are obviously sorry to lose Craig, who has been a tremendous asset to the club over the past two seasons, we are really pleased that he will be able to have the opportunity to play at the highest level of non league football with a club of the calibre of Histon.
"In the time Craig has been with Royston he has matured as a player and that is in no small part due to the role played by our manager Paul Attfield.
You may also want to watch:
"Paul has instilled in him a greater sense of discipline and Craig has certainly benefited from this and was rewarded with the club's captaincy last season.
"He is a natural goal scorer as his 80 plus goals for the club in all competitions last season proved.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 8 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
"We wish Craig and Histon all the best for the forthcoming season. We are confident that he will be a great success, score lots of goals and in time will become a fan's favourite."
Mr Barlow said the club must now move on and Attfield will be considering a number of options to replace Craig in the near future.