Royston Town boss issues battle cry before Barton play-off semi-final
- Credit: Archant
Royston Town boss Steve Castle has sent a rallying cry out to the club’s supporters prior to tomorrow’s (April 28) home Southern League Division One Central play-off semi-final against Barton Rovers at Garden Walk.
The Crows secured second place with an emphatic final-day 3-1 win at Rugby Town and Castle wants Royston to keep the momentum going.
He told Royston Town’s official website: “We welcome you to Garden Walk, I know that there are a lot of people out there that love the play-offs and come along regardless of allegiance.
“It has certainly been exciting at the club of late, great to see so many smiling faces around the place. Now to bring our feet firmly back onto the ground.
“For all this positivity we know that if we don’t go up now we will all be “Gutted”, I can assure everyone that we will give it our best shot and will prepare as thoroughly as possible. In truth the preparations started the moment the Rugby game finished. Scott Taylor our excellent fitness coach had set out a “Recovery “ programme for the lads, involving Ice baths, compression garments and food immediately after game! All this to make sure we give ourselves as good a chance as possible!!
“A quick mention about the Rugby game. Yet again an excellent display from us. Because we had already attained play off status, some could argue that we could take the game too lightly because of this but fair play to the boys they played with a commitment level that just simply blew Rugby away.”
- 1 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 5 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 6 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'