Royston Town announce home pre-season friendly with League Two side
- Credit: Archant
Royston Town have announced their provisional pre-season plans prior to the 2016/17 Southern League Division One Central campaign.
The stand-out encounter pits the Crows against League Two outfit Leyton Orient, managed by former Watford and Gillingham midfielder Andy Hessenthaler. The game is scheduled to take place at Garden Walk on Friday, July 29 with a 7.45pm kick-off.
The Brisbane Road side, who hired and fired former England midfielder Kevin Nolan during last season, finished eighth in the English fourth tier last season.
Royston boss Steve Castle made over 250 appearances for Leyton Orient during his playing career.
Before that high-profile meeting with Orient, Royston will travel to Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division One side Colney Heath on Tuesday, July 19 (7.45pm) and AFC Sudbury, from the Ryman Premier League, for further warm-up games.
You may also want to watch:
They will also host Vanarama National League South side Bishop’s Stortford in the Herts Charity Cup first round on Tuesday, July 26 (7.45pm).
The pair threw up one of the games of the season in last year’s Charity Cup semi-finals, with hosts Stortford prevailing 5-4.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 7 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 8 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 9 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 10 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station