Royston Town announce home pre-season friendly with League Two side
- Credit: Archant
Royston Town have announced their provisional pre-season plans prior to the 2016/17 Southern League Division One Central campaign.
The stand-out encounter pits the Crows against League Two outfit Leyton Orient, managed by former Watford and Gillingham midfielder Andy Hessenthaler. The game is scheduled to take place at Garden Walk on Friday, July 29 with a 7.45pm kick-off.
The Brisbane Road side, who hired and fired former England midfielder Kevin Nolan during last season, finished eighth in the English fourth tier last season.
Royston boss Steve Castle made over 250 appearances for Leyton Orient during his playing career.
Before that high-profile meeting with Orient, Royston will travel to Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division One side Colney Heath on Tuesday, July 19 (7.45pm) and AFC Sudbury, from the Ryman Premier League, for further warm-up games.
You may also want to watch:
They will also host Vanarama National League South side Bishop’s Stortford in the Herts Charity Cup first round on Tuesday, July 26 (7.45pm).
The pair threw up one of the games of the season in last year’s Charity Cup semi-finals, with hosts Stortford prevailing 5-4.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 6 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims