Royston Town announce home pre-season friendly with League Two side
- Credit: Archant
Royston Town have announced their provisional pre-season plans prior to the 2016/17 Southern League Division One Central campaign.
The stand-out encounter pits the Crows against League Two outfit Leyton Orient, managed by former Watford and Gillingham midfielder Andy Hessenthaler. The game is scheduled to take place at Garden Walk on Friday, July 29 with a 7.45pm kick-off.
The Brisbane Road side, who hired and fired former England midfielder Kevin Nolan during last season, finished eighth in the English fourth tier last season.
Royston boss Steve Castle made over 250 appearances for Leyton Orient during his playing career.
Before that high-profile meeting with Orient, Royston will travel to Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division One side Colney Heath on Tuesday, July 19 (7.45pm) and AFC Sudbury, from the Ryman Premier League, for further warm-up games.
You may also want to watch:
They will also host Vanarama National League South side Bishop’s Stortford in the Herts Charity Cup first round on Tuesday, July 26 (7.45pm).
The pair threw up one of the games of the season in last year’s Charity Cup semi-finals, with hosts Stortford prevailing 5-4.
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 9 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 10 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'