Royston too strong for Uxbridge
Royston 22 Uxbridge 8
ROYSTON RFC recorded a good win over an up-and-coming Uxbridge side at the Heath on Saturday.
Royston started the match brightly and the first try was scored by Tristian Tegg. After a ruck in the middle of the park, Damien Fouracres set Steve Mills galloping clear down the pitch who popped up to Teg who did the rest. The conversion was missed.
Then came a hero-to-zero moment from Michael Schurch. The fly-half neatly collected the ball from the back of the scrum in his own half before scoring a superb solo try underneath the posts before sloppily missing the conversion and from right in front of the posts leaving him looking very embarrassed. Uxbridge scored a try just before half time to make the score 10-8.
The Crows came out fighting hard in the second half and with Matthew Muirhead on the pitch the defense was stepped up a notch.
You may also want to watch:
Muirhead scored a try of his own after some hesitancy from the Uxbridge No.10 to make it 17-8 and all Royston had to do was see the game out.
Young winger Chris expertly rounded his opposite number before smashing his way through the opposing full-back to open his account for the season and round of a good day at the office.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes