Royston too strong for Uxbridge
Royston 22 Uxbridge 8
ROYSTON RFC recorded a good win over an up-and-coming Uxbridge side at the Heath on Saturday.
Royston started the match brightly and the first try was scored by Tristian Tegg. After a ruck in the middle of the park, Damien Fouracres set Steve Mills galloping clear down the pitch who popped up to Teg who did the rest. The conversion was missed.
Then came a hero-to-zero moment from Michael Schurch. The fly-half neatly collected the ball from the back of the scrum in his own half before scoring a superb solo try underneath the posts before sloppily missing the conversion and from right in front of the posts leaving him looking very embarrassed. Uxbridge scored a try just before half time to make the score 10-8.
The Crows came out fighting hard in the second half and with Matthew Muirhead on the pitch the defense was stepped up a notch.
You may also want to watch:
Muirhead scored a try of his own after some hesitancy from the Uxbridge No.10 to make it 17-8 and all Royston had to do was see the game out.
Young winger Chris expertly rounded his opposite number before smashing his way through the opposing full-back to open his account for the season and round of a good day at the office.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 6 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 7 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 10 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire