Royston too strong for in-form Potton
Royston Town U16s 7 Potton Colts U16s 0
Royston Town U16s were too strong for an in-form Potton Colts as they won 7-0.
Potton went into this game on the back of 18 games unbeaten. From start to finish Royston attacked relentlessly and could have been rewarded with more goals by the end.
After a couple of near-misses, Owen Bentley gave Royston a ninth minute lead with a neat finish.
Enter Ryan O’Mahoney’s massive long throws which persistently caused havoc and helped his side to two more goals before half time from Matt Brennan.
You may also want to watch:
The intensity continued in the second half with Owen Bentley scoring with a scooped shot over the ‘keeper before Brennan completed a fine hat-trick with another close-range header from a free kick.
Brennan got his fourth and his sides sixth with the goal of the game late on with a great lob over the keeper from 25 yards following a poor clearance and Jake Booth completed the scoring just before the end when he raced into the area and slammed a shot into the net from 15 yards.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 10 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe