Royston too strong for in-form Potton
Royston Town U16s 7 Potton Colts U16s 0
Royston Town U16s were too strong for an in-form Potton Colts as they won 7-0.
Potton went into this game on the back of 18 games unbeaten. From start to finish Royston attacked relentlessly and could have been rewarded with more goals by the end.
After a couple of near-misses, Owen Bentley gave Royston a ninth minute lead with a neat finish.
Enter Ryan O’Mahoney’s massive long throws which persistently caused havoc and helped his side to two more goals before half time from Matt Brennan.
You may also want to watch:
The intensity continued in the second half with Owen Bentley scoring with a scooped shot over the ‘keeper before Brennan completed a fine hat-trick with another close-range header from a free kick.
Brennan got his fourth and his sides sixth with the goal of the game late on with a great lob over the keeper from 25 yards following a poor clearance and Jake Booth completed the scoring just before the end when he raced into the area and slammed a shot into the net from 15 yards.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 3 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 4 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 10 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more