Royston too strong for in-form Potton
Royston Town U16s 7 Potton Colts U16s 0
Royston Town U16s were too strong for an in-form Potton Colts as they won 7-0.
Potton went into this game on the back of 18 games unbeaten. From start to finish Royston attacked relentlessly and could have been rewarded with more goals by the end.
After a couple of near-misses, Owen Bentley gave Royston a ninth minute lead with a neat finish.
Enter Ryan O’Mahoney’s massive long throws which persistently caused havoc and helped his side to two more goals before half time from Matt Brennan.
The intensity continued in the second half with Owen Bentley scoring with a scooped shot over the ‘keeper before Brennan completed a fine hat-trick with another close-range header from a free kick.
Brennan got his fourth and his sides sixth with the goal of the game late on with a great lob over the keeper from 25 yards following a poor clearance and Jake Booth completed the scoring just before the end when he raced into the area and slammed a shot into the net from 15 yards.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 9 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'