Royston to face Potters Bar in Herts Cup semi-final
- Credit: Archant
ROYSTON Town will play Potters Bar Town in the semi-finals of the Herts Senior Cup following their 2-0 quarter-final victory over Colney Heath.
The Crows will travel to take on the Scholars on Tuesday, February 19.
Royton’s game with Colney Heath was subject to an afternoon pitch inspection following snow and heavy rainfalls, but the game went ahead as planned.
Royston, without any first-team action since the 3-2 home win against Aylesbury on January 12, went ahead courtesy of Kaan Fehmi when the attacking player swerved a fine left-footed drive into the net following a half-cleared free-kick.
That goal came five minutes before the beak, and not long afterwards Fehmi was replaced by Luke Robins who would go on to get the second of the evening to put the tie to bed.
Lewis Endacott was the man brought down in the box, and Robins converted from the spot.
Royston: Reynolds, Endacott, Wilson, DeLaSalle, Bradshaw, Spencer, Edwards, Malins, Fehmi, Lockett, Ingrey. Subs: Parr, McDevitt, Robins, O’Brien, Howard.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 4 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 5 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 6 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 7 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 8 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 9 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge
- 10 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital