Royston to face Potters Bar in Herts Cup semi-final
- Credit: Archant
ROYSTON Town will play Potters Bar Town in the semi-finals of the Herts Senior Cup following their 2-0 quarter-final victory over Colney Heath.
The Crows will travel to take on the Scholars on Tuesday, February 19.
Royton’s game with Colney Heath was subject to an afternoon pitch inspection following snow and heavy rainfalls, but the game went ahead as planned.
Royston, without any first-team action since the 3-2 home win against Aylesbury on January 12, went ahead courtesy of Kaan Fehmi when the attacking player swerved a fine left-footed drive into the net following a half-cleared free-kick.
That goal came five minutes before the beak, and not long afterwards Fehmi was replaced by Luke Robins who would go on to get the second of the evening to put the tie to bed.
You may also want to watch:
Lewis Endacott was the man brought down in the box, and Robins converted from the spot.
Royston: Reynolds, Endacott, Wilson, DeLaSalle, Bradshaw, Spencer, Edwards, Malins, Fehmi, Lockett, Ingrey. Subs: Parr, McDevitt, Robins, O’Brien, Howard.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes