Royston to face Potters Bar in Herts Cup semi-final
- Credit: Archant
ROYSTON Town will play Potters Bar Town in the semi-finals of the Herts Senior Cup following their 2-0 quarter-final victory over Colney Heath.
The Crows will travel to take on the Scholars on Tuesday, February 19.
Royton’s game with Colney Heath was subject to an afternoon pitch inspection following snow and heavy rainfalls, but the game went ahead as planned.
Royston, without any first-team action since the 3-2 home win against Aylesbury on January 12, went ahead courtesy of Kaan Fehmi when the attacking player swerved a fine left-footed drive into the net following a half-cleared free-kick.
That goal came five minutes before the beak, and not long afterwards Fehmi was replaced by Luke Robins who would go on to get the second of the evening to put the tie to bed.
You may also want to watch:
Lewis Endacott was the man brought down in the box, and Robins converted from the spot.
Royston: Reynolds, Endacott, Wilson, DeLaSalle, Bradshaw, Spencer, Edwards, Malins, Fehmi, Lockett, Ingrey. Subs: Parr, McDevitt, Robins, O’Brien, Howard.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 4 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?