Royston Tennis Club win three out of four
ROYSTON Tennis Club clocked up three wins and a draw in the four matches played in the Winter League at the weekend. The men's first team proved too good for their Cambourne opponents and beat them 8-0 at home, courtesy of good performances by Andy Holmes
ROYSTON Tennis Club clocked up three wins and a draw in the four matches played in the Winter League at the weekend.
The men's first team proved too good for their Cambourne opponents and beat them 8-0 at home, courtesy of good performances by Andy Holmes, Matt Fellingham, Mike Moss and Richard Fosbeary.
The mixed first team of Kathy Betts, Andy Holmes, Christine Knight and John Holmes beat Buckden's first team 6-2, also at home, and the club's under-11s completed a hat trick of victories by beating Legends away in Hertford.
That team was made up of Emily Griffin, Bonnie Townsend, Nathan O'Looney and Alex Wilson.
You may also want to watch:
The mixed second team were the only players not to win, but it was unsurprising given the miserable conditions in which their match was played.
David Addison, Emma Windred, John Goodbody and Jill Birch still managed to hold St Neots' second team to a draw to complete a good set of results.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 5 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 6 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 7 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 8 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 9 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 10 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity