Royston Tennis Club win three out of four
ROYSTON Tennis Club clocked up three wins and a draw in the four matches played in the Winter League at the weekend. The men's first team proved too good for their Cambourne opponents and beat them 8-0 at home, courtesy of good performances by Andy Holmes
ROYSTON Tennis Club clocked up three wins and a draw in the four matches played in the Winter League at the weekend.
The men's first team proved too good for their Cambourne opponents and beat them 8-0 at home, courtesy of good performances by Andy Holmes, Matt Fellingham, Mike Moss and Richard Fosbeary.
The mixed first team of Kathy Betts, Andy Holmes, Christine Knight and John Holmes beat Buckden's first team 6-2, also at home, and the club's under-11s completed a hat trick of victories by beating Legends away in Hertford.
That team was made up of Emily Griffin, Bonnie Townsend, Nathan O'Looney and Alex Wilson.
You may also want to watch:
The mixed second team were the only players not to win, but it was unsurprising given the miserable conditions in which their match was played.
David Addison, Emma Windred, John Goodbody and Jill Birch still managed to hold St Neots' second team to a draw to complete a good set of results.
- 1 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 2 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 6 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Hunt the hearts at town trail to raise money for charity
- 10 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show