Royston Tennis Club veterans lose opening match of the season
- Credit: Getty Images/Comstock Images
Royston Tennis Club’s veterans’ first team lost their opening match of the new Cambridgeshire LTA Vets League season. Royston Tennis Club’s veterans’ first team lost their opening match of the new Cambridgeshire LTA Vets League season.
Playing in Division One, they found their first task too difficult, losing by six sets to two to Exning.
Meanwhile, the second team were involved in two tough Division Two matches against very strong opposition.
In the first, they were beaten 7-1 by Cambridge 3rds and in the second match, they were thrashed 8-0 by Cambridge 2nds.
The players on show were Emma Windred, Christine Knight, Kathryn Betts, Doug Higgins, John Holmes, David Addison and Tony Woods.
You may also want to watch:
There was a better result for the third team. In their opening match in Division Five, a team of Sue Addison, Debbie Sheppard, John Holmes and Tony Woods helped to overcome Orwell by five sets to three.
Royston Tennis Club welcomes new members and operates a full LTA tennis programme of coaching, matches and tournaments for mini, junior, adult and veteran players of all abilities. For further information, visit the club’s website www.roystontennis.co.uk
- 1 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 2 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 3 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 4 Local Election 2021: Counting starts for North Herts council
- 5 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 8 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 9 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?
- 10 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner