Royston Tennis Club veterans lose opening match of the season
- Credit: Getty Images/Comstock Images
Royston Tennis Club’s veterans’ first team lost their opening match of the new Cambridgeshire LTA Vets League season. Royston Tennis Club’s veterans’ first team lost their opening match of the new Cambridgeshire LTA Vets League season.
Playing in Division One, they found their first task too difficult, losing by six sets to two to Exning.
Meanwhile, the second team were involved in two tough Division Two matches against very strong opposition.
In the first, they were beaten 7-1 by Cambridge 3rds and in the second match, they were thrashed 8-0 by Cambridge 2nds.
The players on show were Emma Windred, Christine Knight, Kathryn Betts, Doug Higgins, John Holmes, David Addison and Tony Woods.
You may also want to watch:
There was a better result for the third team. In their opening match in Division Five, a team of Sue Addison, Debbie Sheppard, John Holmes and Tony Woods helped to overcome Orwell by five sets to three.
Royston Tennis Club welcomes new members and operates a full LTA tennis programme of coaching, matches and tournaments for mini, junior, adult and veteran players of all abilities. For further information, visit the club’s website www.roystontennis.co.uk
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended