Royston Tennis Club veterans lose opening match of the season
- Credit: Getty Images/Comstock Images
Royston Tennis Club’s veterans’ first team lost their opening match of the new Cambridgeshire LTA Vets League season. Royston Tennis Club’s veterans’ first team lost their opening match of the new Cambridgeshire LTA Vets League season.
Playing in Division One, they found their first task too difficult, losing by six sets to two to Exning.
Meanwhile, the second team were involved in two tough Division Two matches against very strong opposition.
In the first, they were beaten 7-1 by Cambridge 3rds and in the second match, they were thrashed 8-0 by Cambridge 2nds.
The players on show were Emma Windred, Christine Knight, Kathryn Betts, Doug Higgins, John Holmes, David Addison and Tony Woods.
You may also want to watch:
There was a better result for the third team. In their opening match in Division Five, a team of Sue Addison, Debbie Sheppard, John Holmes and Tony Woods helped to overcome Orwell by five sets to three.
Royston Tennis Club welcomes new members and operates a full LTA tennis programme of coaching, matches and tournaments for mini, junior, adult and veteran players of all abilities. For further information, visit the club’s website www.roystontennis.co.uk
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
- 9 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 10 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches