Royston Tennis Club veterans lose opening match of the season
- Credit: Getty Images/Comstock Images
Royston Tennis Club’s veterans’ first team lost their opening match of the new Cambridgeshire LTA Vets League season. Royston Tennis Club’s veterans’ first team lost their opening match of the new Cambridgeshire LTA Vets League season.
Playing in Division One, they found their first task too difficult, losing by six sets to two to Exning.
Meanwhile, the second team were involved in two tough Division Two matches against very strong opposition.
In the first, they were beaten 7-1 by Cambridge 3rds and in the second match, they were thrashed 8-0 by Cambridge 2nds.
The players on show were Emma Windred, Christine Knight, Kathryn Betts, Doug Higgins, John Holmes, David Addison and Tony Woods.
There was a better result for the third team. In their opening match in Division Five, a team of Sue Addison, Debbie Sheppard, John Holmes and Tony Woods helped to overcome Orwell by five sets to three.
Royston Tennis Club welcomes new members and operates a full LTA tennis programme of coaching, matches and tournaments for mini, junior, adult and veteran players of all abilities. For further information, visit the club’s website www.roystontennis.co.uk
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 3 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 4 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 5 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 6 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 7 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 8 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 9 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year
- 10 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge