Royston Tennis Club round-up
ROYSTON Tennis Club remain on the verge of promotion to Division Two in the Cambridgeshire League after drawing with Ely recently.
The ladies first team players Pru Burton, Christine Knight, Kathy Betts and Sue Addison played extremely well against the league champions.
The ladies second team of Emma Windred, Caroline McCormick, Karin Lambert and Ann Smith drew at home to Fulbourn III.
The men’s I team suffered their first defeat of the season away to St. Neots. Andy Holmes, John Goodbody, Richard Fosbeary Mike Moss went down 7-1.
The ladies II and both men’s teams have one more match each to play until the end of the season.
You may also want to watch:
In the Hertfordshire League the junior under-12 boys won their match away to Broxbourne 4-2 with James Lee, Gareth Byles, Edward Sclare and George Pemberton all putting in good performances.
Full details of all club matches events & membership can be found on their website www.royston-tennis.co.uk
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims