Royston Tennis Club round-up
ROYSTON Tennis Club remain on the verge of promotion to Division Two in the Cambridgeshire League after drawing with Ely recently.
The ladies first team players Pru Burton, Christine Knight, Kathy Betts and Sue Addison played extremely well against the league champions.
The ladies second team of Emma Windred, Caroline McCormick, Karin Lambert and Ann Smith drew at home to Fulbourn III.
The men’s I team suffered their first defeat of the season away to St. Neots. Andy Holmes, John Goodbody, Richard Fosbeary Mike Moss went down 7-1.
The ladies II and both men’s teams have one more match each to play until the end of the season.
You may also want to watch:
In the Hertfordshire League the junior under-12 boys won their match away to Broxbourne 4-2 with James Lee, Gareth Byles, Edward Sclare and George Pemberton all putting in good performances.
Full details of all club matches events & membership can be found on their website www.royston-tennis.co.uk
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire