Royston Tennis Club round-up
ROYSTON Tennis Club’s Sue Addison and Alan Knight have won the Hunter McArthur Trophy.In blistering heat on Sunday, six mixed adult couples entered the club’s annual event which was closely contested with only three points between the top three.
Sue and Alan just beat Pru Burton and Steve Gibson to win the trophy and wine prizes, with David Addison and Caroline McCormick finishing in third place.
Meanwhile, two junior teams secured home wins in the Herts Aegon League when the under-16s team of Sam Tobiss, Isaac Pickett, Lewis Harley and Andrew Betts beat Croxley 8-4.
The under-12 team of James Lee, Gareth Byles, Edward Sclare and George Pemberton beat Hoddesdon 7-6.
The ladies teams continued their unbeaten record this season, with Team One, Christine Knight, Pru Burton, Sue Addison and Kathryn Betts, beating Haslingfield seconds at home 5-3 while Team Two, Ros Godward, Emma Windred, Emma Daintrey and Caroline McCormick thrashed Cocks and Hens fourth team 8-0 away.
You may also want to watch:
The Men’s first team, Matt Fellingham, Andy Holmes, Mike Moss and Richard Fosbeary beat Risbygate seconds away 6-2, then drew at home to Phennards firsts. The Men’s second team, John Holmes, Mike Fellingham, Garry Tobiss and Roger Maybury beat Ely seconds 7-1 at home.
For full details of Royston Tennis Club summer programs & match results see their website at www.royston-tennis.co.uk
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe