Royston Tennis Club men’s first team suffer first league defeat
- Credit: Archant
Royston Tennis Club men’s first team suffered a setback in their quest to secure the 2015 Cambridgeshire Winter League Division One title. They lost 6-2 to Fulbourn on Saturday in what was their first defeat of the season.
Andy Holmes, Rupert Matthews, Nathan O’Looney and Chris Piggott fought hard in windy conditions but could not muster the same form that had seen them rise to the top of the table.
Despite the defeat, they still hope to of win the league, and are on course for their highest-ever finish in Division One.
Meanwhile, the men’s 4ths, playing in Division Four, also suffered a 6-2 defeat, this time to Gransdens.
The team of David Addison, Dough Higgins, John Holmes and Ed Sclare are currently in fourth place in their division, with two matches still to play.
Royston Tennis Club welcomes new members and operates a full LTA tennis programme of coaching, matches and tournaments for mini, junior, adult and veteran players of all abilities. For more information, visit www.roystontennis.co.uk
- 1 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 5 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 6 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'