Royston Tennis Club men’s first team suffer first league defeat
- Credit: Archant
Royston Tennis Club men’s first team suffered a setback in their quest to secure the 2015 Cambridgeshire Winter League Division One title. They lost 6-2 to Fulbourn on Saturday in what was their first defeat of the season.
Andy Holmes, Rupert Matthews, Nathan O’Looney and Chris Piggott fought hard in windy conditions but could not muster the same form that had seen them rise to the top of the table.
Despite the defeat, they still hope to of win the league, and are on course for their highest-ever finish in Division One.
Meanwhile, the men’s 4ths, playing in Division Four, also suffered a 6-2 defeat, this time to Gransdens.
The team of David Addison, Dough Higgins, John Holmes and Ed Sclare are currently in fourth place in their division, with two matches still to play.
You may also want to watch:
Royston Tennis Club welcomes new members and operates a full LTA tennis programme of coaching, matches and tournaments for mini, junior, adult and veteran players of all abilities. For more information, visit www.roystontennis.co.uk
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
- 9 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 10 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches