Royston Tennis Club men’s first team suffer first league defeat
- Credit: Archant
Royston Tennis Club men’s first team suffered a setback in their quest to secure the 2015 Cambridgeshire Winter League Division One title. They lost 6-2 to Fulbourn on Saturday in what was their first defeat of the season.
Andy Holmes, Rupert Matthews, Nathan O’Looney and Chris Piggott fought hard in windy conditions but could not muster the same form that had seen them rise to the top of the table.
Despite the defeat, they still hope to of win the league, and are on course for their highest-ever finish in Division One.
Meanwhile, the men’s 4ths, playing in Division Four, also suffered a 6-2 defeat, this time to Gransdens.
The team of David Addison, Dough Higgins, John Holmes and Ed Sclare are currently in fourth place in their division, with two matches still to play.
You may also want to watch:
Royston Tennis Club welcomes new members and operates a full LTA tennis programme of coaching, matches and tournaments for mini, junior, adult and veteran players of all abilities. For more information, visit www.roystontennis.co.uk
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place
- 9 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash