Royston Tennis Club crown new mixed doubles champions in club competition finale
- Credit: Archant
Andy Holmes and Nicole Hamblin have been crowned Royston Tennis Club’s mixed doubles champions after overpowering Mike Fellingham and Pru Burton in an entertaining final.
Completing the club’s internal competition, Holmes and Hamblin lost the first set 6-4 but did not surrender, coming back to take the deciding sets 6-4, 7-5.
In league action, the men’s first team have won their first two matches of the season and are currently top of Division One in the Cambridgeshire Winter League 2015.
The ladies’ 3rds are also at the top of their division. Playing in Division Five, they have won their last three matches, beating the Cocks and Hens 5-3, the Chatteris 8-0 and Haslingfield 5-3.
Meanwhile, the men’s 4ths, playing in Division Four, suffered a narrow 5-3 away loss to Shelford 4ths.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, visit www.roystontennis.co.uk
- 1 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 2 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 7 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 10 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation