Royston take points at Luton
Luton Ladies II 1 Royston Ladies II 2 ROYSTON continued their excellent start to the season by taking the points at Luton. The home side started brightly, with their forwards proving a handful for the Royston defence. But the Royston rearguard hel
Luton Ladies II 1 Royston Ladies II 2
ROYSTON continued their excellent start to the season by taking the points at Luton. The home side started brightly, with their forwards proving a handful for the Royston defence.
But the Royston rearguard held firm, and at the other end Lucy Davidson netted her seventh goal in two league games midway through the half, after a great cross from Sarah Farmer.
Davidson then turned provider moments later, setting up Natasha Greenfield to score her second league goal of the season.
Luton pulled a goal back with a strike from a short corner just before the break.
Claire Edwards kept Royston in front with a number of good saves, as midfielders Michelle Clement and Louise Arnold applied the pressure at the other end.
- 1 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 5 MPs respond to lockdown drinks party scandal
- 6 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
- 8 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 9 Partygate is a kick in the teeth for South Cambs residents, says Lib Dem candidate
- 10 Town pays tribute to 'Mr Royston' who made huge contribution to community
After a few late scares Royston held on and maintained their unbeaten winning run.
Queenswood Ladies II 3 Royston Ladies III 2
A SEVERELY depleted Royston side were unlucky to lose after a closely- fought match.
With no choice but to play a defensive game, Royston's Natalie Woodley, Di Hassan, and Jo Pearce kept the hosts' attack at bay, with some intelligent defending.
Royston even took the lead after 20 minutes, when a superb ball from Woodley found Lisa Thompson, who then picked out Sarah Warren to score.
However, Queenswood came back strongly, and equalised when the ball deflected off Gemma Luckman past keeper Mel Visagie and into the net.
The hosts made it 2-1 in the second half before Woodley's strike brought the scores level once more.
The home side continued to chip away at the Royston backline, and despite some good play by Visagie and Tash Ball, Queenswood snatched a late winner.