Royston take points at Luton
Luton Ladies II 1 Royston Ladies II 2 ROYSTON continued their excellent start to the season by taking the points at Luton. The home side started brightly, with their forwards proving a handful for the Royston defence. But the Royston rearguard hel
Luton Ladies II 1 Royston Ladies II 2
ROYSTON continued their excellent start to the season by taking the points at Luton. The home side started brightly, with their forwards proving a handful for the Royston defence.
But the Royston rearguard held firm, and at the other end Lucy Davidson netted her seventh goal in two league games midway through the half, after a great cross from Sarah Farmer.
Davidson then turned provider moments later, setting up Natasha Greenfield to score her second league goal of the season.
You may also want to watch:
Luton pulled a goal back with a strike from a short corner just before the break.
Claire Edwards kept Royston in front with a number of good saves, as midfielders Michelle Clement and Louise Arnold applied the pressure at the other end.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 6 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 7 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club
- 10 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
After a few late scares Royston held on and maintained their unbeaten winning run.
Queenswood Ladies II 3 Royston Ladies III 2
A SEVERELY depleted Royston side were unlucky to lose after a closely- fought match.
With no choice but to play a defensive game, Royston's Natalie Woodley, Di Hassan, and Jo Pearce kept the hosts' attack at bay, with some intelligent defending.
Royston even took the lead after 20 minutes, when a superb ball from Woodley found Lisa Thompson, who then picked out Sarah Warren to score.
However, Queenswood came back strongly, and equalised when the ball deflected off Gemma Luckman past keeper Mel Visagie and into the net.
The hosts made it 2-1 in the second half before Woodley's strike brought the scores level once more.
The home side continued to chip away at the Royston backline, and despite some good play by Visagie and Tash Ball, Queenswood snatched a late winner.