Royston take Heart from draw with league-leaders
Royston Diamonds also earn a point
ROYSTON TOWN HEARTS entertained top of the league Hitchin Town at the Heath on Sunday and earned a respectable draw. Hearts started brightly and played some good football and were soon a goal to the good after a pinpoint Louis Harward fell to Jack Davis who scored with a fine volley.
Hitchin came back at Royston and levelled just before half time.
Both teams went for the win after the break but some great goalkeeping from Man of the Match George Turner kept Hithcin at bay.
Diamonds were also held to a draw against Hitchin.
You may also want to watch:
Royston went 1-0 courtesy of a Danny Baulk strike and they soon doubled their advantage with a fine strike from Chris Fage. However, Hitchin came back stronger in the second half and scored twice to level the score. Hitchin could have clinched victory but for a superb goalkeeping display from Man of the Match, Bradley Green.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 10 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire