Royston take Heart from draw with league-leaders
Royston Diamonds also earn a point
ROYSTON TOWN HEARTS entertained top of the league Hitchin Town at the Heath on Sunday and earned a respectable draw. Hearts started brightly and played some good football and were soon a goal to the good after a pinpoint Louis Harward fell to Jack Davis who scored with a fine volley.
Hitchin came back at Royston and levelled just before half time.
Both teams went for the win after the break but some great goalkeeping from Man of the Match George Turner kept Hithcin at bay.
Diamonds were also held to a draw against Hitchin.
Royston went 1-0 courtesy of a Danny Baulk strike and they soon doubled their advantage with a fine strike from Chris Fage. However, Hitchin came back stronger in the second half and scored twice to level the score. Hitchin could have clinched victory but for a superb goalkeeping display from Man of the Match, Bradley Green.
- 1 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
- 5 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 6 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 7 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 8 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 9 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'