Royston take Heart from draw with league-leaders
Royston Diamonds also earn a point
ROYSTON TOWN HEARTS entertained top of the league Hitchin Town at the Heath on Sunday and earned a respectable draw. Hearts started brightly and played some good football and were soon a goal to the good after a pinpoint Louis Harward fell to Jack Davis who scored with a fine volley.
Hitchin came back at Royston and levelled just before half time.
Both teams went for the win after the break but some great goalkeeping from Man of the Match George Turner kept Hithcin at bay.
Diamonds were also held to a draw against Hitchin.
You may also want to watch:
Royston went 1-0 courtesy of a Danny Baulk strike and they soon doubled their advantage with a fine strike from Chris Fage. However, Hitchin came back stronger in the second half and scored twice to level the score. Hitchin could have clinched victory but for a superb goalkeeping display from Man of the Match, Bradley Green.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 10 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?