Olympic dream alive as Royston’s Jonathan Adams selected in the British Swimming World Class Programme
- Credit: Archant
A swimmer from Royston has taken another step on the path towards the Olympics.
Jonathan Adam has been included in the 53-strong British Swimming World Class Programme for the 2020-2021 season – a year that includes the rescheduled Tokyo Games.
The backstroke specialist, who began his career at his home town Royston Swimming Club, will now receive programme opportunities and targeted support from UK Sport.
Royston’s acting head coach Alice Barnes said: “We’re so proud to see Jono on this list. He started with us when he was nine-years-old and spent his formative swim years being coached by Jeremy Latham and Joshua White and racing for in the Herts Swimming League”.
Paul Dunstan, manager of Royston Leisure Centre, added: “Jono still uses the public lanes when he is back from university and we are delighted to have supported his journey so far”.
You may also want to watch:
For more details on Royston Swimming Club and to join email Secretary@roystonswimmingclub.org.uk or go to www.roystonswimmingclub.co.uk
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 8 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 9 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?