Olympic dream alive as Royston’s Jonathan Adams selected in the British Swimming World Class Programme
- Credit: Archant
A swimmer from Royston has taken another step on the path towards the Olympics.
Jonathan Adam has been included in the 53-strong British Swimming World Class Programme for the 2020-2021 season – a year that includes the rescheduled Tokyo Games.
The backstroke specialist, who began his career at his home town Royston Swimming Club, will now receive programme opportunities and targeted support from UK Sport.
Royston’s acting head coach Alice Barnes said: “We’re so proud to see Jono on this list. He started with us when he was nine-years-old and spent his formative swim years being coached by Jeremy Latham and Joshua White and racing for in the Herts Swimming League”.
Paul Dunstan, manager of Royston Leisure Centre, added: “Jono still uses the public lanes when he is back from university and we are delighted to have supported his journey so far”.
You may also want to watch:
For more details on Royston Swimming Club and to join email Secretary@roystonswimmingclub.org.uk or go to www.roystonswimmingclub.co.uk
- 1 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 4 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 5 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 6 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 7 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Campaigners write to MPs opposing trade deal which is of 'great concern to local people'
- 9 Mass vaccination centre in town 'first' to open next week
- 10 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes