Olympic dream alive as Royston’s Jonathan Adams selected in the British Swimming World Class Programme
- Credit: Archant
A swimmer from Royston has taken another step on the path towards the Olympics.
Jonathan Adam has been included in the 53-strong British Swimming World Class Programme for the 2020-2021 season – a year that includes the rescheduled Tokyo Games.
The backstroke specialist, who began his career at his home town Royston Swimming Club, will now receive programme opportunities and targeted support from UK Sport.
Royston’s acting head coach Alice Barnes said: “We’re so proud to see Jono on this list. He started with us when he was nine-years-old and spent his formative swim years being coached by Jeremy Latham and Joshua White and racing for in the Herts Swimming League”.
Paul Dunstan, manager of Royston Leisure Centre, added: “Jono still uses the public lanes when he is back from university and we are delighted to have supported his journey so far”.
You may also want to watch:
For more details on Royston Swimming Club and to join email Secretary@roystonswimmingclub.org.uk or go to www.roystonswimmingclub.co.uk
- 1 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 2 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 5 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Hunt the hearts at town trail to raise money for charity