Royston suffer narrow loss in Challenge Trophy
Kentish Town 3 Royston 2 THE Crows suffered a narrow defeat away to Kentish Town on Wednesday evening in the South Midlands Challenge Trophy. Goals from Ricky Young and Jamie Morriss weren t enough for Royston to beat their Premier Division
Kentish Town 3 Royston 2
THE Crows suffered a narrow defeat away to Kentish Town on Wednesday evening in the South Midlands Challenge Trophy.
Goals from Ricky Young and Jamie Morriss weren't enough for Royston to beat their Premier Division opponents in front of a crowd of just 12 people in Hendon.
Royston manager Paul Attfield said: "Only six of last Saturday's squad made the trip to Kentish Town. The rest was made up of reserve and youth team players.
"The heavy frost made life difficult for both teams but overall I felt we should have won.
"A few naive moments at either end of the pitch cost us as we conceded a couple of poor goals from crosses in the first half and despite dominating the second and creating enough chances we weren't quite clinical enough to add to our tally.
- 1 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 2 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 3 MP hosts gathering for Ukrainian refugees
- 4 Let's go fly a kite as festival returns after two years
- 5 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 6 Firefighters tackle large blaze in field in Guilden Morden
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 Everything you need to know about the August train driver strike
- 9 Men's health champion receives funding boost from Ashwell Masonic Lodge
- 10 20 Ukrainian medical students begin placements at Addenbrooke’s
"However saying that I felt our general footballing performance, in difficult conditions was very good once again."
Next up for Royston is a game against Tokyngton Manor on Saturday, December 6.