Royston suffer narrow loss in Challenge Trophy
Kentish Town 3 Royston 2 THE Crows suffered a narrow defeat away to Kentish Town on Wednesday evening in the South Midlands Challenge Trophy. Goals from Ricky Young and Jamie Morriss weren t enough for Royston to beat their Premier Division
Kentish Town 3 Royston 2
THE Crows suffered a narrow defeat away to Kentish Town on Wednesday evening in the South Midlands Challenge Trophy.
Goals from Ricky Young and Jamie Morriss weren't enough for Royston to beat their Premier Division opponents in front of a crowd of just 12 people in Hendon.
Royston manager Paul Attfield said: "Only six of last Saturday's squad made the trip to Kentish Town. The rest was made up of reserve and youth team players.
You may also want to watch:
"The heavy frost made life difficult for both teams but overall I felt we should have won.
"A few naive moments at either end of the pitch cost us as we conceded a couple of poor goals from crosses in the first half and despite dominating the second and creating enough chances we weren't quite clinical enough to add to our tally.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 4 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 5 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 8 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 9 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 10 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
"However saying that I felt our general footballing performance, in difficult conditions was very good once again."
Next up for Royston is a game against Tokyngton Manor on Saturday, December 6.