Royston suffer hint of the blues after Cherry defeat
Royston 31 Cherry Hinton 52
ROYSTON II began their winter season with a disappointing defeat at home to Cherry Hinton at the weekend.
High hopes of success in this season’s Cambs and District Netball League were soon knocked by their determined opponents who won promotion from Division One last season.
Cherry Hinton restricted Royston to just five goals in the first quarter and put pressure on every Royston centre pass. In the second quarter Royston settled and Emma Cooley began to find her shooting form. This was Royston’s best period of the match and things started to look more promising.
Unfortunately the Cherry Hinton goal shooter also began to find her goal form from all around the circle and Royston were 25-16 down by half time.
You may also want to watch:
Despite a variety of centre court changes, Royston couldn’t narrow the gap and lost the match. Player of the match was defender Charlotte Cook.
Royston II: Biswell, Cook, Parcell, Davies, Harnwell, Harnwell, Clark, Laughlin, Cooley.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme