Royston suffer hint of the blues after Cherry defeat
Royston 31 Cherry Hinton 52
ROYSTON II began their winter season with a disappointing defeat at home to Cherry Hinton at the weekend.
High hopes of success in this season’s Cambs and District Netball League were soon knocked by their determined opponents who won promotion from Division One last season.
Cherry Hinton restricted Royston to just five goals in the first quarter and put pressure on every Royston centre pass. In the second quarter Royston settled and Emma Cooley began to find her shooting form. This was Royston’s best period of the match and things started to look more promising.
Unfortunately the Cherry Hinton goal shooter also began to find her goal form from all around the circle and Royston were 25-16 down by half time.
You may also want to watch:
Despite a variety of centre court changes, Royston couldn’t narrow the gap and lost the match. Player of the match was defender Charlotte Cook.
Royston II: Biswell, Cook, Parcell, Davies, Harnwell, Harnwell, Clark, Laughlin, Cooley.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts