Royston suffer hint of the blues after Cherry defeat
Royston 31 Cherry Hinton 52
ROYSTON II began their winter season with a disappointing defeat at home to Cherry Hinton at the weekend.
High hopes of success in this season’s Cambs and District Netball League were soon knocked by their determined opponents who won promotion from Division One last season.
Cherry Hinton restricted Royston to just five goals in the first quarter and put pressure on every Royston centre pass. In the second quarter Royston settled and Emma Cooley began to find her shooting form. This was Royston’s best period of the match and things started to look more promising.
Unfortunately the Cherry Hinton goal shooter also began to find her goal form from all around the circle and Royston were 25-16 down by half time.
Despite a variety of centre court changes, Royston couldn’t narrow the gap and lost the match. Player of the match was defender Charlotte Cook.
Royston II: Biswell, Cook, Parcell, Davies, Harnwell, Harnwell, Clark, Laughlin, Cooley.
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 3 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 4 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 5 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 6 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 7 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 8 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 9 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products