Royston suffer heavy defeat
ROYSTON suffered a heavy defeat away at HAC on Saturday. The result was the unfortunate end to what was already a bad day for the team after enduring a three-hour journey to the match after train delays. HAC, who are favourites for promotion having suffer
ROYSTON suffered a heavy defeat away at HAC on Saturday.
The result was the unfortunate end to what was already a bad day for the team after enduring a three-hour journey to the match after train delays.
HAC, who are favourites for promotion having suffered only one defeat all season, started strongly and scored two quick tries despite good cover tackles from Alford and Smith.
It was then the HAC forwards' turn to soften Royston up, and the pace of the homes side's defence forced Royston to make a number of telling errors which led to two push-over scrums, all of which were converted.
You may also want to watch:
Royston had their moments with good brakes from Dummett, Mcdermott and Ritsema gaining good ground but HAC always seemed to have the extra man in defence at the vital moment.
The second half saw a re-shuffle to Royston's front row as the experienced Jamie Green came into the fray while hooker Simon moved out into the back line.
- 1 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 2 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 3 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 4 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 9 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 10 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
Royston now started to create a platform Turner and Cotterill to create more opportunities while second rows Easy and Hillman came more into the fray as they got the better of their opposite numbers.
However, Royston's endeavour to grab the elusive try did not pay off and as the visitors began to tire, HAC took full advantage to record a resounding scoreline and leave Royston contemplating a bad day at the office during the long journey home.