Royston suffer heavy defeat
ROYSTON suffered a heavy defeat away at HAC on Saturday. The result was the unfortunate end to what was already a bad day for the team after enduring a three-hour journey to the match after train delays. HAC, who are favourites for promotion having suffer
ROYSTON suffered a heavy defeat away at HAC on Saturday.
The result was the unfortunate end to what was already a bad day for the team after enduring a three-hour journey to the match after train delays.
HAC, who are favourites for promotion having suffered only one defeat all season, started strongly and scored two quick tries despite good cover tackles from Alford and Smith.
It was then the HAC forwards' turn to soften Royston up, and the pace of the homes side's defence forced Royston to make a number of telling errors which led to two push-over scrums, all of which were converted.
Royston had their moments with good brakes from Dummett, Mcdermott and Ritsema gaining good ground but HAC always seemed to have the extra man in defence at the vital moment.
The second half saw a re-shuffle to Royston's front row as the experienced Jamie Green came into the fray while hooker Simon moved out into the back line.
- 1 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 3 MP hosts gathering for Ukrainian refugees
- 4 Let's go fly a kite as festival returns after two years
- 5 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 6 Firefighters tackle large blaze in field in Guilden Morden
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 Everything you need to know about the August train driver strike
- 9 Men's health champion receives funding boost from Ashwell Masonic Lodge
- 10 20 Ukrainian medical students begin placements at Addenbrooke’s
Royston now started to create a platform Turner and Cotterill to create more opportunities while second rows Easy and Hillman came more into the fray as they got the better of their opposite numbers.
However, Royston's endeavour to grab the elusive try did not pay off and as the visitors began to tire, HAC took full advantage to record a resounding scoreline and leave Royston contemplating a bad day at the office during the long journey home.