Royston suffer heavy defeat
ROYSTON suffered a heavy defeat away at HAC on Saturday. The result was the unfortunate end to what was already a bad day for the team after enduring a three-hour journey to the match after train delays. HAC, who are favourites for promotion having suffer
ROYSTON suffered a heavy defeat away at HAC on Saturday.
The result was the unfortunate end to what was already a bad day for the team after enduring a three-hour journey to the match after train delays.
HAC, who are favourites for promotion having suffered only one defeat all season, started strongly and scored two quick tries despite good cover tackles from Alford and Smith.
It was then the HAC forwards' turn to soften Royston up, and the pace of the homes side's defence forced Royston to make a number of telling errors which led to two push-over scrums, all of which were converted.
You may also want to watch:
Royston had their moments with good brakes from Dummett, Mcdermott and Ritsema gaining good ground but HAC always seemed to have the extra man in defence at the vital moment.
The second half saw a re-shuffle to Royston's front row as the experienced Jamie Green came into the fray while hooker Simon moved out into the back line.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
Royston now started to create a platform Turner and Cotterill to create more opportunities while second rows Easy and Hillman came more into the fray as they got the better of their opposite numbers.
However, Royston's endeavour to grab the elusive try did not pay off and as the visitors began to tire, HAC took full advantage to record a resounding scoreline and leave Royston contemplating a bad day at the office during the long journey home.