Royston suffer cup loss
Bovingdon 2 Royston Town 0 ROYSTON were knocked out of the Herts Senior Centenary Trophy after a surprise defeat away to Bovingdon. Manager Paul Attfield tinkered with his starting eleven, playing Ricky Young and Ryan Lockett up front and naming Ross Col
Bovingdon 2 Royston Town 0
ROYSTON were knocked out of the Herts Senior Centenary Trophy after a surprise defeat away to Bovingdon.
Manager Paul Attfield tinkered with his starting eleven, playing Ricky Young and Ryan Lockett up front and naming Ross Collins as captain in centre midfield, and his changes looked like they might have paid off after a goalless first half in which they created lots of chances.
Bovingdon proved to be no pushovers, however, and went ahead in the second half when a shot took a bad bounce in front of Damion Williamson.
You may also want to watch:
The ball hit the Royston keeper on the shoulder and dropped at the feet of a Bovingdon striker who put the ball in the net.
Royston twice came to close to equalising when Young hit the bar and David Cain, returning to the side after missing last week's match against Bedford reserves through injury, headed just over, but they were unable to convert any of their chances.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 6 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 7 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 8 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
Bovingdon killed the match off with a later second to knock Royston out of the competition.