Royston suffer cup loss
Bovingdon 2 Royston Town 0 ROYSTON were knocked out of the Herts Senior Centenary Trophy after a surprise defeat away to Bovingdon. Manager Paul Attfield tinkered with his starting eleven, playing Ricky Young and Ryan Lockett up front and naming Ross Col
Bovingdon 2 Royston Town 0
ROYSTON were knocked out of the Herts Senior Centenary Trophy after a surprise defeat away to Bovingdon.
Manager Paul Attfield tinkered with his starting eleven, playing Ricky Young and Ryan Lockett up front and naming Ross Collins as captain in centre midfield, and his changes looked like they might have paid off after a goalless first half in which they created lots of chances.
Bovingdon proved to be no pushovers, however, and went ahead in the second half when a shot took a bad bounce in front of Damion Williamson.
You may also want to watch:
The ball hit the Royston keeper on the shoulder and dropped at the feet of a Bovingdon striker who put the ball in the net.
Royston twice came to close to equalising when Young hit the bar and David Cain, returning to the side after missing last week's match against Bedford reserves through injury, headed just over, but they were unable to convert any of their chances.
- 1 Royston photographer wins abstract picture competition
- 2 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 3 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
- 4 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 5 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 6 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 7 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 8 Shellens quits after committee votes to gag Hickford debate
- 9 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 10 Star turns make Netflix movie Malcolm & Marie 'a real must-see'
Bovingdon killed the match off with a later second to knock Royston out of the competition.