Royston suffer cup loss
Bovingdon 2 Royston Town 0 ROYSTON were knocked out of the Herts Senior Centenary Trophy after a surprise defeat away to Bovingdon. Manager Paul Attfield tinkered with his starting eleven, playing Ricky Young and Ryan Lockett up front and naming Ross Col
Bovingdon 2 Royston Town 0
ROYSTON were knocked out of the Herts Senior Centenary Trophy after a surprise defeat away to Bovingdon.
Manager Paul Attfield tinkered with his starting eleven, playing Ricky Young and Ryan Lockett up front and naming Ross Collins as captain in centre midfield, and his changes looked like they might have paid off after a goalless first half in which they created lots of chances.
Bovingdon proved to be no pushovers, however, and went ahead in the second half when a shot took a bad bounce in front of Damion Williamson.
You may also want to watch:
The ball hit the Royston keeper on the shoulder and dropped at the feet of a Bovingdon striker who put the ball in the net.
Royston twice came to close to equalising when Young hit the bar and David Cain, returning to the side after missing last week's match against Bedford reserves through injury, headed just over, but they were unable to convert any of their chances.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 10 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
Bovingdon killed the match off with a later second to knock Royston out of the competition.