Royston suffer another defeat
Saffron Walden III 22 Royston II 14 WHILE their first team continued to soar high, Royston II suffered their second defeat in successive weeks away at Saffron Walden last Saturday. The home side got off to great start with an early converted try, but R
Saffron Walden III 22
Royston II 14
WHILE their first team continued to soar high, Royston II suffered their second defeat in successive weeks away at Saffron Walden last Saturday.
The home side got off to great start with an early converted try, but Royston hit back immediately through Neil Smith Snr, who sprinted through the centres to score near the posts, converted by Colin Dacey.
Walden extended their lead with another try, this time unconverted, to hit the break 12-7 up.
Royston started the second half the stronger side but went further behind as Walden turned Royston's ball over to score another unconverted try.
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 3 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 4 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 7 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 8 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 9 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
The visitors were not done and began to take charge of the game. Their efforts were rewarded when man of the match Joe Hillman crashed through the centres to score next to the posts, again converted by Dacey.
Despite dominating possession, another defensive lapse by Royston allowed the home side another score to wrap up the victory.
- On Saturday (October 28) Royston's Vets XV host the might of Saracens Vets at the Heath.