Royston suffer another defeat
Saffron Walden III 22 Royston II 14 WHILE their first team continued to soar high, Royston II suffered their second defeat in successive weeks away at Saffron Walden last Saturday. The home side got off to great start with an early converted try, but R
Saffron Walden III 22
Royston II 14
WHILE their first team continued to soar high, Royston II suffered their second defeat in successive weeks away at Saffron Walden last Saturday.
The home side got off to great start with an early converted try, but Royston hit back immediately through Neil Smith Snr, who sprinted through the centres to score near the posts, converted by Colin Dacey.
You may also want to watch:
Walden extended their lead with another try, this time unconverted, to hit the break 12-7 up.
Royston started the second half the stronger side but went further behind as Walden turned Royston's ball over to score another unconverted try.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 5 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 6 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 7 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 10 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
The visitors were not done and began to take charge of the game. Their efforts were rewarded when man of the match Joe Hillman crashed through the centres to score next to the posts, again converted by Dacey.
Despite dominating possession, another defensive lapse by Royston allowed the home side another score to wrap up the victory.
- On Saturday (October 28) Royston's Vets XV host the might of Saracens Vets at the Heath.