Royston suffer another defeat
Saffron Walden III 22 Royston II 14 WHILE their first team continued to soar high, Royston II suffered their second defeat in successive weeks away at Saffron Walden last Saturday. The home side got off to great start with an early converted try, but R
Saffron Walden III 22
Royston II 14
WHILE their first team continued to soar high, Royston II suffered their second defeat in successive weeks away at Saffron Walden last Saturday.
The home side got off to great start with an early converted try, but Royston hit back immediately through Neil Smith Snr, who sprinted through the centres to score near the posts, converted by Colin Dacey.
You may also want to watch:
Walden extended their lead with another try, this time unconverted, to hit the break 12-7 up.
Royston started the second half the stronger side but went further behind as Walden turned Royston's ball over to score another unconverted try.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 10 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
The visitors were not done and began to take charge of the game. Their efforts were rewarded when man of the match Joe Hillman crashed through the centres to score next to the posts, again converted by Dacey.
Despite dominating possession, another defensive lapse by Royston allowed the home side another score to wrap up the victory.
- On Saturday (October 28) Royston's Vets XV host the might of Saracens Vets at the Heath.