Royston stay in play-off places
- Credit: Archant
ROYSTON Town consolidated their position in the Southern Central division play-off places with victory over Thatcham Town at Garden Walk on Tuesday evening.
The Crows scored twice in the final 10 minutes of the match to take the points, just three days after they were dealt a late shock themselves when a 93rd minute goal allowed Burnham a share of the spoils on Saturday afternoon.
There were no such problems on Tuesday, though, as Royston moved to within one point of league leaders Biggleswade Town.
The top five positions in the league are separated by just one point at the moment, with the gap between the Crows, who occupy fifth place, and Beaconsfield SYCOB, who are in sixth, now standing at just six points.
Tom Malins scored two of Royston’s three goals this week.
You may also want to watch:
It was the attacking player who put Paul Attfield’s men ahead against Burnham on Saturday only for the visitors to level the game in the 93rd minute.
In Tuesday’s match neither side was able to break the deadlock before half-time.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge
Royston made the breakthrough with Kaan Fehmi scoring in the 80th minute when he latched on to a long ball and put his finish past the hapless Aaron Bufton.
The points were then made safe when Malins’ good run combined with some poor defending saw him finish well with just two minutes remaining.
Royston Town. Williamson. Endacott. Parr. DeLaSalle. Beck. Spencer. Edwards. Malins. Fehmi. Lockett. Robins. Subs: Wilson. O’Brien. Robertson. Norris.
This weekend the Crows are away at mid-table Uxbridge.
On Tuesday, Blackstones are the visitors to Royston for their first round match in the Hinchingbrooke Cup.
It is a 7.45pm kick-off at Garden Walk.