Royston squeeze home in thriller
Royston 20 Netherhall 18 AFTER making a couple of changes to their usual line up, Royston saw off old rivals Netherhall in a narrow, exciting victory. Royston moved Emma Higton and Emma Kelly into the shooting circle, and despite a slow start they ende
Royston 20 Netherhall 18
AFTER making a couple of changes to their usual line up, Royston saw off old rivals Netherhall in a narrow, exciting victory.
Royston moved Emma Higton and Emma Kelly into the shooting circle, and despite a slow start they ended the quarter 4-2 in front, with defenders Anna Pinner, Jo Moxham and Jackie Huttlestone keeping things tight.
In the second quarter, more changes were made, with Tracy Stimson moving back into the shooting circle and Higton moving back to the centre.
You may also want to watch:
And the changes helped Royston score further goals, with Carol Parcell also involved in the action.
The third quarter was still very tight with both teams nervous as they battled for possession, with the period ending 13-13.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge
However, in the final period, Royston began to take the initiative with Pinner and Moxham formidable at the back with a number of interceptions. While at the other end Stimson was taking her chances with some impressive shooting and gradually Royston held on to claim a deserved win.
Captain Parcell said: "This was a great win for us, it was the first time we have ever beaten them.
"This victory strengthens our position in the table and should ensure we remain in the regional league."
Royston: Pinner, Moxham, Huttlestone, Higton, Parcell, Hume, Clark, Stimson, Kelly.