Royston squeeze home in thriller
Royston 20 Netherhall 18 AFTER making a couple of changes to their usual line up, Royston saw off old rivals Netherhall in a narrow, exciting victory. Royston moved Emma Higton and Emma Kelly into the shooting circle, and despite a slow start they ende
Royston 20 Netherhall 18
AFTER making a couple of changes to their usual line up, Royston saw off old rivals Netherhall in a narrow, exciting victory.
Royston moved Emma Higton and Emma Kelly into the shooting circle, and despite a slow start they ended the quarter 4-2 in front, with defenders Anna Pinner, Jo Moxham and Jackie Huttlestone keeping things tight.
In the second quarter, more changes were made, with Tracy Stimson moving back into the shooting circle and Higton moving back to the centre.
You may also want to watch:
And the changes helped Royston score further goals, with Carol Parcell also involved in the action.
The third quarter was still very tight with both teams nervous as they battled for possession, with the period ending 13-13.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 4 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Commissioner to grill Herts Police chief over stalking powers 'failure'
However, in the final period, Royston began to take the initiative with Pinner and Moxham formidable at the back with a number of interceptions. While at the other end Stimson was taking her chances with some impressive shooting and gradually Royston held on to claim a deserved win.
Captain Parcell said: "This was a great win for us, it was the first time we have ever beaten them.
"This victory strengthens our position in the table and should ensure we remain in the regional league."
Royston: Pinner, Moxham, Huttlestone, Higton, Parcell, Hume, Clark, Stimson, Kelly.