Royston slip up against Colts
Royston under-17 0 Shelford Colts 38 AFTER a series of injuries and absences, Royston were finally able to resume competitive rugby on Sunday against a strong Shelford Colts. Royston were not optimistic of their chances, which were diminished by the las
Royston under-17 0 Shelford Colts 38
AFTER a series of injuries and absences, Royston were finally able to resume competitive rugby on Sunday against a strong Shelford Colts.
Royston were not optimistic of their chances, which were diminished by the last-minute withdrawals of three key players.
Shelford lent Royston a second row and prop forward for the first 20 minutes, but when the prop went off with a head injury, Royston brought on winger Danny Skuse to play in the front row with uncontested scrums.
You may also want to watch:
Royston also lost Adam Smith to a recurrence of a shoulder injury, and he was replaced by James O'Sullivan.
Nevertheless, the Royston forwards competed extremely well, with James Watson and man-of-the-match Jon Davies in outstanding form.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 5 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 6 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 7 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 10 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
The tackling by the backs, in particular Andy Smith and Stuart Goldfinch was exemplary, but the pressure and experience of the visitors eventually took its toll.
It was a good workout for Royston and it will stand them in good stead for their final game of the season at Cheshunt.