Royston slip to defeat
Royston Ladies III 1 Bedford IV 3 AN EARLY goal was not enough to stop Royston slipping to defeat, on Saturday. The hosts started the game strongly from the start and a wonderful run from the half way line by player-of-the-match Catherine Johnson down the
Royston Ladies III 1 Bedford IV 3
AN EARLY goal was not enough to stop Royston slipping to defeat, on Saturday.
The hosts started the game strongly from the start and a wonderful run from the half way line by player-of-the-match Catherine Johnson down the right weaving through numerous players before pocketing a wonderful goal.
Bedford came back with a goal minutes before the half time.
Royston were unlucky to concede two more goals from short corners despite strong defensive play from Di Hassen, Teresa Smith and Katie Ellard and goalkeeper Tash Ball kept her cool when Bedford made several shots at goal.
A wonderful run by Alex McGarry down the right wing was unlucky not to finish off with a goal and the last 10 minutes of the game the forward line could not seem to find the goal despite putting the Bedford defence under constant pressure.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 4 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 7 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 8 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 9 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden