Royston see off leaders
TABLE TENNIS THERE were more contrasting results for Royston this week, with another mixed showing in the NHTTA League. The best performance came from the B team in Division One, with Yuci Gou and Martyn Symons in superb form winning all of their singles
THERE were more contrasting results for Royston this week, with another mixed showing in the NHTTA League.
The best performance came from the B team in Division One, with Yuci Gou and Martyn Symons in superb form winning all of their singles games. Mike Malone added a single to give Royston a 7-3 victory in an impressive win over league leaders Green Man D.
The D team also had a comfortable win, seeing off Green Man F 8-2 in their Division Two clash. Maximums came from Derek Clark and Julian Lugg, with Andy Teemal and a Lugg and Teemal partnership win adding to the success. The victory narrowed the gap at the top, as the C team could only manage two singles wins each from Haydn Gowan and Abigail Moore as they went down 6-4 to Green Man G.
You may also want to watch:
In Division Three the E team lost by the same margin against Cardstock, despite Barry Sharp winning his two singles matches and Fred Bendall and Elaine Hanworth adding their singles wins.
And in the Premier Division, a still weakened A team lost 8-2 against Green Man A with just a single each from Simon Cockman and Mike Malone the highlights of the evening.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 4 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended