Royston see off leaders
TABLE TENNIS THERE were more contrasting results for Royston this week, with another mixed showing in the NHTTA League. The best performance came from the B team in Division One, with Yuci Gou and Martyn Symons in superb form winning all of their singles
THERE were more contrasting results for Royston this week, with another mixed showing in the NHTTA League.
The best performance came from the B team in Division One, with Yuci Gou and Martyn Symons in superb form winning all of their singles games. Mike Malone added a single to give Royston a 7-3 victory in an impressive win over league leaders Green Man D.
The D team also had a comfortable win, seeing off Green Man F 8-2 in their Division Two clash. Maximums came from Derek Clark and Julian Lugg, with Andy Teemal and a Lugg and Teemal partnership win adding to the success. The victory narrowed the gap at the top, as the C team could only manage two singles wins each from Haydn Gowan and Abigail Moore as they went down 6-4 to Green Man G.
In Division Three the E team lost by the same margin against Cardstock, despite Barry Sharp winning his two singles matches and Fred Bendall and Elaine Hanworth adding their singles wins.
And in the Premier Division, a still weakened A team lost 8-2 against Green Man A with just a single each from Simon Cockman and Mike Malone the highlights of the evening.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 4 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 5 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 7 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 8 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 9 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 10 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party