Royston seconds beat Hertford 5-0
Royston Ladies II 5 Hertford Ladies II 0 ROYSTON Ladies returned to winning ways with a 5-0 thrashing of Hertford, including three goals from goal machine Lucy Davidson. It was Hertford who started the brightest and actually placed the ball in the
Royston Ladies II 5 Hertford Ladies II 0
ROYSTON Ladies returned to winning ways with a 5-0 thrashing of Hertford Ladies, including three goals from goal machine Lucy Davidson.
It was Hertford who started the brightest and actually placed the ball in the back of Royston's net, only to see it ruled out for a foot offence.
It was the only time Royston looked under serious pressure, for the rest of the match Karen Fidell, Theresa Smith and player-of-the-match Jo Hilliard ensured Royston would go on to record only their second clean sheet of the season.
It was not until 20 minutes into the first half that leading scorer Lucy Davidson scored her first of the match from a short corner, a goal which she added to five minutes later after dribbling the ball form the top of the D through the Hertford defence.
Royston started the second half 2-0 up and soon added to their lead when Sarah Farmer combined with Davidson, for the latter to score her hat trick.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 4 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 7 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 8 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 9 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
Kirsty Penfold struck a loose ball to make it 4-0 and Farmer then saw several shots go agonizingly wide before finally slotting in a powerful shot from the top of the D to round off a good performance.
Royston currently lie seventh in the division in which they were promoted to this season and this win was a boost for their campaign to maintain their league status in the second half of the season.
Royston Ladies III 2 Bedford Ladies IV 2
IN a match they simply couldn't afford to lose, bottom of the table Royston Ladies' third team battled well to earn a point against a Bedford team just above them in the league.
The Ladies were unable to settle into the game to begin with and Bedford took advantage of this by scoring their first of the game.
Conceding spurred Royston on and they began to play more in their opposition's half, making a breakthrough when a Sarah Holland pass to Jess Woodhouse who ran with the ball into the Bedford area before passing to Lisa Thompson who finished off a quality team goal.
A defensive error cost Royston and they went in to the break 2-1 down, but they created some good chances at the beginning of the second half to give them hope of an equaliser.
That goal came with just minutes to go when Jazz Gee made a run up the left, passed to Heather Polge and the ball broke free in the goal area for Polge to jab it home and claim a point for her side.