Royston seal last four spot in tense McMullen victory
A NARROW victory against Whitethorn has sent Royston into the semi-final of the McMullen Trophy. This game was very close right up to the last bowl. Rink one saw Brian Pepper, Roger Davies, Derek Goodwin and skip Mick O Flanagan lose 20-18. On rink two
A NARROW victory against Whitethorn has sent Royston into the semi-final of the McMullen Trophy.
This game was very close right up to the last bowl. Rink one saw Brian Pepper, Roger Davies, Derek Goodwin and skip Mick O'Flanagan lose 20-18.
On rink two Matt Coppen, Mel Flack, Laurie Ramsay, and Peter Adams coasted home with a 25-18 win.
On rink three Simon Lee, Keith Dockree, Don Sheriff, and skip Stewart Brown, where held to a 18-18 draw.
You may also want to watch:
In the final of the County under-30s Singles Competition recently held a Hatfield, Royston's Stewart Brown lost to R Muir of the Dixonian BC
The Royston Vets played away at Baldock last Tuesday with three rinks of mixed triples and one triple of men.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
As would be expected, this was a close game against Baldock who just managed to sneak home to win by four shots, 65-61.
Last Wednesday saw Don Sheriff and partner Mel Flack win their round of the Letchworth & District Pairs.
However Peter Adams and Matt Coppen lost by a couple of shots against Les Lane and partner of Hitchin B.C.
The North Herts League game played at Royston on Thursday evening resulted in a win for Royston against Hitchin..
Peter Adams skipped a 17-17 draw while Stewart Brown's team romped home with a 32-12 victory.
The North Herts League of two rinks of ladies triples, played at Royston on Friday against Roebuck turned out to be a bad evening for Royston as they won on one rink but lost heavily on the other.
Royston were at Ware on Saturday in a four rinks of men and two rinks of ladies friendly.
The visitors won 26-9 on two rinks, and Ware countered with a 29-13 on another. However this was not enough to prevent Royston winning 118-110.
The week ended with a friendly between Royston and Whitethorn played at Royston.
This was two rinks of men and two rinks of ladies game.
The men lost by 10 shots, but thanks to the ladies winning on both of their rinks they brought Royston home to win 79-74.