Royston’s motorcycling star Luke Mossey returns to track with new team
- Credit: Archant
Royston-based British Superbike Championship (BSB) rider Luke Mossey has made a triumphant return to the track following his showstopping 2016 season.
The 23-year-old was at the Jerez circuit in Spain for two full days of testing with his new team, JG Speedfit Kawasaki.
Mossey was raring to hit the track for the first time this year to test his new bike.
He was also trialling a new suspension system ahead of the first race of the 2017 BSB season in March.
Mossey said: “It felt amazing to get out on the bike again and blow away the cobwebs. We spent most of our time dialling in the new bike, testing the Ohlins suspension and adjusting it to suit my style of riding.”
You may also want to watch:
Mossey also joined fellow JG Speedfit Kawasaki team-mate Leon Haslam in Spain to test the duo’s dynamic ahead of his first season with the new team.
“It’s great to be part of the JG Speedfit Kawasaki team. I spoke to Leon about tactics and different approaches,” Mossey said.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
“We’re all on pace and moving forward quickly. I’m confident about the season and can’t wait to get started.”
Mossey will return to Jerez in four weeks for a further nine-day round of testing.
Bournemouth Kawasaki Racing announced JG Speedfit as its title sponsor for 2017 at the opening weekend of the Motorcycle Live 2016 show in Birmingham in November.
The team will run as JG Speedfit Kawasaki as it spearheads Kawasaki UK’s assault on the 2017 MCE British Superbike Championship, the North West 200 and the Isle of Man TT.
2016 showdown contender Mossey and 2016 MCE BSB runner-up Haslam will lead the team’s assault on MCE BSB with James Hillier contesting the International Road racing events at the North West 200 and Isle of Man TT.