Royston’s motorcycling star Luke Mossey returns to track with new team
- Credit: Archant
Royston-based British Superbike Championship (BSB) rider Luke Mossey has made a triumphant return to the track following his showstopping 2016 season.
The 23-year-old was at the Jerez circuit in Spain for two full days of testing with his new team, JG Speedfit Kawasaki.
Mossey was raring to hit the track for the first time this year to test his new bike.
He was also trialling a new suspension system ahead of the first race of the 2017 BSB season in March.
Mossey said: “It felt amazing to get out on the bike again and blow away the cobwebs. We spent most of our time dialling in the new bike, testing the Ohlins suspension and adjusting it to suit my style of riding.”
Mossey also joined fellow JG Speedfit Kawasaki team-mate Leon Haslam in Spain to test the duo’s dynamic ahead of his first season with the new team.
“It’s great to be part of the JG Speedfit Kawasaki team. I spoke to Leon about tactics and different approaches,” Mossey said.
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 3 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 4 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 5 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 6 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 7 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 8 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 9 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
“We’re all on pace and moving forward quickly. I’m confident about the season and can’t wait to get started.”
Mossey will return to Jerez in four weeks for a further nine-day round of testing.
Bournemouth Kawasaki Racing announced JG Speedfit as its title sponsor for 2017 at the opening weekend of the Motorcycle Live 2016 show in Birmingham in November.
The team will run as JG Speedfit Kawasaki as it spearheads Kawasaki UK’s assault on the 2017 MCE British Superbike Championship, the North West 200 and the Isle of Man TT.
2016 showdown contender Mossey and 2016 MCE BSB runner-up Haslam will lead the team’s assault on MCE BSB with James Hillier contesting the International Road racing events at the North West 200 and Isle of Man TT.