Royston’s motorcycling star Luke Mossey returns to track with new team
- Credit: Archant
Royston-based British Superbike Championship (BSB) rider Luke Mossey has made a triumphant return to the track following his showstopping 2016 season.
The 23-year-old was at the Jerez circuit in Spain for two full days of testing with his new team, JG Speedfit Kawasaki.
Mossey was raring to hit the track for the first time this year to test his new bike.
He was also trialling a new suspension system ahead of the first race of the 2017 BSB season in March.
Mossey said: “It felt amazing to get out on the bike again and blow away the cobwebs. We spent most of our time dialling in the new bike, testing the Ohlins suspension and adjusting it to suit my style of riding.”
You may also want to watch:
Mossey also joined fellow JG Speedfit Kawasaki team-mate Leon Haslam in Spain to test the duo’s dynamic ahead of his first season with the new team.
“It’s great to be part of the JG Speedfit Kawasaki team. I spoke to Leon about tactics and different approaches,” Mossey said.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 8 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
“We’re all on pace and moving forward quickly. I’m confident about the season and can’t wait to get started.”
Mossey will return to Jerez in four weeks for a further nine-day round of testing.
Bournemouth Kawasaki Racing announced JG Speedfit as its title sponsor for 2017 at the opening weekend of the Motorcycle Live 2016 show in Birmingham in November.
The team will run as JG Speedfit Kawasaki as it spearheads Kawasaki UK’s assault on the 2017 MCE British Superbike Championship, the North West 200 and the Isle of Man TT.
2016 showdown contender Mossey and 2016 MCE BSB runner-up Haslam will lead the team’s assault on MCE BSB with James Hillier contesting the International Road racing events at the North West 200 and Isle of Man TT.