Royston’s men pipped by leaders Chelmsford
A brave display from Royston men’s 1sts was not enough to secure them anything from a 2-1 loss at top of the table Chelmsford on Saturday.
The hosts led 1-0 at the break, Mike Welding levelled late on for Royston, but Chelmsford hit a winner.
The 2nds were disappointed to come away with nothing after a good performance in a 4-2 loss to Blueharts 3rds.
Lyndon Farmer and Darren Hicks grabbed the Royston goals.
There was a 3-0 loss for the 3rds at Potters Bar 3rds with all the goals coming in the second half.
You may also want to watch:
The 4ths grabbed the only point for the club’s men on the day drawing 1-1 with Bishop’s Stortford 6ths.
Ben Jones hit a rare goal to put Royston ahead in the second half only for Stortford to hit back and rescue a draw.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 5 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 6 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 7 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
Royston Ladies 1sts were beaten 2-1 at St Neots, Royston’s goal was an own goal.
The 2nds secured a thumping 7-0 win at Stevenage 3rds.
Heidi Whitaker netted four times with Abbie Jones and Wendy Holt (two) completing the scoring.
Keeper Caroline Biddlecombe made some cracking saves to ensure she kept a cleansheet for her side.
The 4ths drew 2-2 with Milton Keynes 4ths after coming back from two down.
Sarah Gourd’s brace rescued Royston.