Royston’s men pipped by leaders Chelmsford
A brave display from Royston men’s 1sts was not enough to secure them anything from a 2-1 loss at top of the table Chelmsford on Saturday.
The hosts led 1-0 at the break, Mike Welding levelled late on for Royston, but Chelmsford hit a winner.
The 2nds were disappointed to come away with nothing after a good performance in a 4-2 loss to Blueharts 3rds.
Lyndon Farmer and Darren Hicks grabbed the Royston goals.
There was a 3-0 loss for the 3rds at Potters Bar 3rds with all the goals coming in the second half.
The 4ths grabbed the only point for the club’s men on the day drawing 1-1 with Bishop’s Stortford 6ths.
Ben Jones hit a rare goal to put Royston ahead in the second half only for Stortford to hit back and rescue a draw.
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 3 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 4 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 5 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 6 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 7 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
- 9 Town's biggest employer pays tribute to late F John Smith's 'vision and commitment'
- 10 Town pays tribute to 'Mr Royston' who made huge contribution to community
Royston Ladies 1sts were beaten 2-1 at St Neots, Royston’s goal was an own goal.
The 2nds secured a thumping 7-0 win at Stevenage 3rds.
Heidi Whitaker netted four times with Abbie Jones and Wendy Holt (two) completing the scoring.
Keeper Caroline Biddlecombe made some cracking saves to ensure she kept a cleansheet for her side.
The 4ths drew 2-2 with Milton Keynes 4ths after coming back from two down.
Sarah Gourd’s brace rescued Royston.