Royston’s men pipped by leaders Chelmsford
A brave display from Royston men’s 1sts was not enough to secure them anything from a 2-1 loss at top of the table Chelmsford on Saturday.
The hosts led 1-0 at the break, Mike Welding levelled late on for Royston, but Chelmsford hit a winner.
The 2nds were disappointed to come away with nothing after a good performance in a 4-2 loss to Blueharts 3rds.
Lyndon Farmer and Darren Hicks grabbed the Royston goals.
There was a 3-0 loss for the 3rds at Potters Bar 3rds with all the goals coming in the second half.
The 4ths grabbed the only point for the club’s men on the day drawing 1-1 with Bishop’s Stortford 6ths.
Ben Jones hit a rare goal to put Royston ahead in the second half only for Stortford to hit back and rescue a draw.
- 1 Tesco Community Garden to hold weekend celebration
- 2 School to make 'wide-ranging changes' following Ofsted inspection
- 3 Fowlmere residents voice objections to housing development
- 4 Chancellor and health secretary dramatically quit
- 5 Health at the Hub project launched in Melbourn
- 6 Kite Festival set to return to Royston next month
- 7 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 8 Cambridge Summer Music Festival 2022 brings world-class classical performers to Cambridgeshire
- 9 Chief of staff Steve Barclay replaces Sajid Javid as health secretary
- 10 Citizens Advice: What to do if you have issues with delayed or cancelled flights
Royston Ladies 1sts were beaten 2-1 at St Neots, Royston’s goal was an own goal.
The 2nds secured a thumping 7-0 win at Stevenage 3rds.
Heidi Whitaker netted four times with Abbie Jones and Wendy Holt (two) completing the scoring.
Keeper Caroline Biddlecombe made some cracking saves to ensure she kept a cleansheet for her side.
The 4ths drew 2-2 with Milton Keynes 4ths after coming back from two down.
Sarah Gourd’s brace rescued Royston.