Royston’s men pipped by leaders Chelmsford
A brave display from Royston men’s 1sts was not enough to secure them anything from a 2-1 loss at top of the table Chelmsford on Saturday.
The hosts led 1-0 at the break, Mike Welding levelled late on for Royston, but Chelmsford hit a winner.
The 2nds were disappointed to come away with nothing after a good performance in a 4-2 loss to Blueharts 3rds.
Lyndon Farmer and Darren Hicks grabbed the Royston goals.
There was a 3-0 loss for the 3rds at Potters Bar 3rds with all the goals coming in the second half.
You may also want to watch:
The 4ths grabbed the only point for the club’s men on the day drawing 1-1 with Bishop’s Stortford 6ths.
Ben Jones hit a rare goal to put Royston ahead in the second half only for Stortford to hit back and rescue a draw.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
Royston Ladies 1sts were beaten 2-1 at St Neots, Royston’s goal was an own goal.
The 2nds secured a thumping 7-0 win at Stevenage 3rds.
Heidi Whitaker netted four times with Abbie Jones and Wendy Holt (two) completing the scoring.
Keeper Caroline Biddlecombe made some cracking saves to ensure she kept a cleansheet for her side.
The 4ths drew 2-2 with Milton Keynes 4ths after coming back from two down.
Sarah Gourd’s brace rescued Royston.