Royston Runners' marathon target
ROYSTON Runners are putting their best trainer forward in the hope of earning hundreds of pounds for the charities of their choice ahead of the London Marathon. Club member, Jane Landon, is a Senior Staff Nurse at the Garden House Hospice and her raised
ROYSTON Runners are putting their best trainer forward in the hope of earning hundreds of pounds for the charities of their choice ahead of the London Marathon.
Club member, Jane Landon, is a Senior Staff Nurse at the Garden House Hospice and her raised money will going straight to the Hospice, specialising in palliative care.
Juliet Williams will raise money for Children with Leukaemia while Steve Smith is running for MacMillan Cancer.
Leesa Duff is running in aid of the Arthur Rank Hospice, having sadly lost her best friend earlier this year after a two year battle with cancer.
Carmen Norman, running her fifth London Marathon, will run for Phab Kids who support disabled children integrating with the community and be treated as equals.
Husband and wife team Kay and Steve Lyons will run for McMillan Nurses and Clic Sargent respectively.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 4 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 7 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 8 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 9 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 10 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
n If you wish to donate money to the runners' chosen charities then please visit the following websites for more information.