Royston Runners' marathon target
ROYSTON Runners are putting their best trainer forward in the hope of earning hundreds of pounds for the charities of their choice ahead of the London Marathon. Club member, Jane Landon, is a Senior Staff Nurse at the Garden House Hospice and her raised
ROYSTON Runners are putting their best trainer forward in the hope of earning hundreds of pounds for the charities of their choice ahead of the London Marathon.
Club member, Jane Landon, is a Senior Staff Nurse at the Garden House Hospice and her raised money will going straight to the Hospice, specialising in palliative care.
Juliet Williams will raise money for Children with Leukaemia while Steve Smith is running for MacMillan Cancer.
Leesa Duff is running in aid of the Arthur Rank Hospice, having sadly lost her best friend earlier this year after a two year battle with cancer.
You may also want to watch:
Carmen Norman, running her fifth London Marathon, will run for Phab Kids who support disabled children integrating with the community and be treated as equals.
Husband and wife team Kay and Steve Lyons will run for McMillan Nurses and Clic Sargent respectively.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 6 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
n If you wish to donate money to the runners' chosen charities then please visit the following websites for more information.