Royston Runners' marathon target
ROYSTON Runners are putting their best trainer forward in the hope of earning hundreds of pounds for the charities of their choice ahead of the London Marathon. Club member, Jane Landon, is a Senior Staff Nurse at the Garden House Hospice and her raised
ROYSTON Runners are putting their best trainer forward in the hope of earning hundreds of pounds for the charities of their choice ahead of the London Marathon.
Club member, Jane Landon, is a Senior Staff Nurse at the Garden House Hospice and her raised money will going straight to the Hospice, specialising in palliative care.
Juliet Williams will raise money for Children with Leukaemia while Steve Smith is running for MacMillan Cancer.
Leesa Duff is running in aid of the Arthur Rank Hospice, having sadly lost her best friend earlier this year after a two year battle with cancer.
Carmen Norman, running her fifth London Marathon, will run for Phab Kids who support disabled children integrating with the community and be treated as equals.
Husband and wife team Kay and Steve Lyons will run for McMillan Nurses and Clic Sargent respectively.
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 3 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 4 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 5 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 6 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 7 Bringing sunshine to our NHS - charity launches match funding to double money
- 8 Careless driver was 'using phone' when she killed Cambridge cyclist
- 9 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 10 Royston Town happy to be a breeding ground if it helps their own progression
n If you wish to donate money to the runners' chosen charities then please visit the following websites for more information.