Royston Runners' marathon target
ROYSTON Runners are putting their best trainer forward in the hope of earning hundreds of pounds for the charities of their choice ahead of the London Marathon. Club member, Jane Landon, is a Senior Staff Nurse at the Garden House Hospice and her raised
ROYSTON Runners are putting their best trainer forward in the hope of earning hundreds of pounds for the charities of their choice ahead of the London Marathon.
Club member, Jane Landon, is a Senior Staff Nurse at the Garden House Hospice and her raised money will going straight to the Hospice, specialising in palliative care.
Juliet Williams will raise money for Children with Leukaemia while Steve Smith is running for MacMillan Cancer.
Leesa Duff is running in aid of the Arthur Rank Hospice, having sadly lost her best friend earlier this year after a two year battle with cancer.
You may also want to watch:
Carmen Norman, running her fifth London Marathon, will run for Phab Kids who support disabled children integrating with the community and be treated as equals.
Husband and wife team Kay and Steve Lyons will run for McMillan Nurses and Clic Sargent respectively.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 5 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 6 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 7 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
n If you wish to donate money to the runners' chosen charities then please visit the following websites for more information.