Eyes down, look in! Royston Runners hold lockdown bingo to boost the morale
- Credit: Archant
Like many other athletics clubs Royston Runners have been forced to retreat back to virtual and solo activities in order to get the running fix but unlike the spring lockdown, this one has involved a twist.
Members of the Heath Sports Centre-based club have been holding a lockdown bingo event, where they are tasked with 15 activities to complete before December 5.
From snapping pictures at local landmarks to taking a seat at Therfield Heath, the challenges vary to motivate members to put their running shoes on and get some fresh air.
Some have even been dressing up to complete these tasks, which may explain sights of famous people and superheroes around the town.
The event, as well as helping to boost the physical and mental health of the club, is also raising money for the Essex & Herts Air Ambulance, and has so far made over £350.
You may also want to watch:
For more on the club, find them on Facebook or at @roystonrunners on Instagram.
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 6 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 7 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 8 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 9 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 10 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation