Royston Runners invade Cambridge for city’s Half Marathon
- Credit: Archant
Royston Runners were in fine fettle as they tackled the Cambridge Half Marathon at the weekend.
Paul Makowski was first of the near 50 Royston Runners to finish in a time of 1:18:42. Lauren Davison was first of the ladies to complete the 13.1 mile course in 1:42:11.
Full results: Paul Makowski (MV40), 1:18:42; Grant Chapman (MV30), 1:24:38; Godfrey Tofts (MV50), 1:27:41; Steve Mulholland (MV40), 1:35:36: Craig Doggett (MV40), 1:38:28.; Lauren Davison (FS), 1:42:11; Paul Haynes (MV30), 1:44:05; Ross Rounsevell (MV30), 1:44:16; Diane Glynn (FV50), 1:46:07; Tina Le (FV30), 1:48:27; Kevin Stigwood (MV40), 1:48:11; Shaun Reid (MV40), 1:49:09; Ian Knightley (MV60), 1:51:13; Gordon Aspin (MV50), 1:52:02; Jayne Odell (FV40), 1:51:52; Susan Wilkinson (FV50), 1:53:51; Julie McGreal (FV60), 1:53:07; Kim Monti (FV50), 1:53:54; Claire Marie Littlewood (FV40), 1:54:58; Fiona Cannon (FV40), 1:56:20; Andrea Cook (FV30), 1:57:26; Julie Calvert (FV40), 1:57:04; Steve Donelan (MV30), 1:56:45; Michael Odell (MV40), 2:01:16; Doug Higgins (MV50), 2:00:53; Paula Smith (FV40), 2:03:26; Debbie Chapman (FV40), 2:03:05; Tracey Coote (FV40), 2:04:55; Alastair Brown (MV40), 2:05:49; Cheryl Boswell (FV50), 2:06:55; Alice Donelan (FV30), 2:07:12; Emily Davison (FV40), 2:06:53; Lynne Hays (FV50), 2:09:40; Ian Brown (MV60), 2:10:24; Lucy Davison (FV30), 2:12:46; Julie Kirwan (FV50), 2:14:35); Stephen Lyons (MV50), 2:14:35; Janet Rogers (FV50), 2:18:11; Patrick Humphreys (MV40), 2:25:47; Katherine Hurcomb (FV40), 2:26:34; Kay Lyons (FV50), 2:29:13; Jackie Garland (FV60), 2:29:13; Valerie Davison (FV70), 2:30:44; Maureen Miller (FV50), 2:36:04.
Royston also entered a team of two into the relay. Maurice Hill took the first leg and Graham Hill the second.
Team Hill achieved third place in a total time of 1:34:35.
You may also want to watch:
With 3619 finishers on the day, the first in 1:08:49 and the last in 3:25:51, Royston performed excellently.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?