Royston runners in Loch Ness
A group of 12 Royston Runners ran this year s Loch Ness Marathon, which is now in its fifth year, and rated as second only to the London Marathon as the bestin the UK. The course is best described as undulating with a hill at 17.5 miles. And with the tor
A group of 12 Royston Runners ran this year's Loch Ness Marathon, which is now in its fifth year, and rated as second only to the London Marathon as the bestin the UK.
The course is best described as undulating with a hill at 17.5 miles. And with the torrential rain, the run was harder than anticipated. However, this did not affect David Bowker's performance as he achieved a new personal best by reducing his time by 15 minutes to 3:14.43. Bowker was the first Royston Runner home, and finished 94th overall, but 21st in his age category.
Charlotte Gee was the first Royston lady home, also achieving a new personal best of 3:34.42 and finishing 15th in her age category.
Alan Triggs 3:37.05, Guy Thompson 3:43.46 and Karl Howard 3:56.39 completed their first marathon in well under four hours.
You may also want to watch:
And Maureen and Glen Miller celebrated their silver wedding anniversary by running the marathon. Other times: Brian Bell 3:30.52, Julio D'Escrivan 3:33.28, Stephanie Auge 3:41.41, Guy Thompson 3:43.46, Glenn Miller 3:54.57, Karl Howard 3:56.51, Carol Christy 4:42.06, Diane Hassen 5:07.35, Maureen Miller 5:22.10.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange