Royston runners in Loch Ness
A group of 12 Royston Runners ran this year s Loch Ness Marathon, which is now in its fifth year, and rated as second only to the London Marathon as the bestin the UK. The course is best described as undulating with a hill at 17.5 miles. And with the tor
A group of 12 Royston Runners ran this year's Loch Ness Marathon, which is now in its fifth year, and rated as second only to the London Marathon as the bestin the UK.
The course is best described as undulating with a hill at 17.5 miles. And with the torrential rain, the run was harder than anticipated. However, this did not affect David Bowker's performance as he achieved a new personal best by reducing his time by 15 minutes to 3:14.43. Bowker was the first Royston Runner home, and finished 94th overall, but 21st in his age category.
Charlotte Gee was the first Royston lady home, also achieving a new personal best of 3:34.42 and finishing 15th in her age category.
Alan Triggs 3:37.05, Guy Thompson 3:43.46 and Karl Howard 3:56.39 completed their first marathon in well under four hours.
You may also want to watch:
And Maureen and Glen Miller celebrated their silver wedding anniversary by running the marathon. Other times: Brian Bell 3:30.52, Julio D'Escrivan 3:33.28, Stephanie Auge 3:41.41, Guy Thompson 3:43.46, Glenn Miller 3:54.57, Karl Howard 3:56.51, Carol Christy 4:42.06, Diane Hassen 5:07.35, Maureen Miller 5:22.10.
- 1 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 2 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 5 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 6 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 9 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 10 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs