Royston Rockets travel to Braintree
ROYSTON Rockets had 17 riders at last weekend’s British Cycling BMX National Series event at Braintree where over 600 competitors took part.
Joshua Abbott finished fourth in the B Final in the seven-year class; Elliott Bowyer finished second in Saturday’s A Final before finishing fifth the following day; James King finished fourth in the 10-year class semi final and second in the B Final; Ted Dalleywater came third in the same class.
Ethan Vernon took second in both the A Finals while Myles Fisher won in the B Final on Sunday with Daniel Blanche winning Saturday’s B Final.
Aaron Dalleywater took second in the 12-year class before going one better on Sunday; In the Masters category (30+) Richard Townsend, who was only able to compete on the Saturday, made it through to the A final where he finished in third.
In the Veteran class the club’s newly qualified coach, Lee Alexander, showed he is still one of the UK’s top riders with two second places.
You may also want to watch:
Carl Birt took eighth in Saturday’s 45+ main final before finishing third in Sunday’s B Final.
The next event on the BMX race calendar is the seventh round of the East Anglia Series which is being hosted by Royston Rockets on July 10 at their track in Burns Road.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
For more information about the Rockets visit their website www.roystonrockets.co.uk