Royston Rockets travel to Braintree
ROYSTON Rockets had 17 riders at last weekend’s British Cycling BMX National Series event at Braintree where over 600 competitors took part.
Joshua Abbott finished fourth in the B Final in the seven-year class; Elliott Bowyer finished second in Saturday’s A Final before finishing fifth the following day; James King finished fourth in the 10-year class semi final and second in the B Final; Ted Dalleywater came third in the same class.
Ethan Vernon took second in both the A Finals while Myles Fisher won in the B Final on Sunday with Daniel Blanche winning Saturday’s B Final.
Aaron Dalleywater took second in the 12-year class before going one better on Sunday; In the Masters category (30+) Richard Townsend, who was only able to compete on the Saturday, made it through to the A final where he finished in third.
In the Veteran class the club’s newly qualified coach, Lee Alexander, showed he is still one of the UK’s top riders with two second places.
Carl Birt took eighth in Saturday’s 45+ main final before finishing third in Sunday’s B Final.
The next event on the BMX race calendar is the seventh round of the East Anglia Series which is being hosted by Royston Rockets on July 10 at their track in Burns Road.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 3 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 4 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 5 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 6 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 7 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 8 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 9 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge view portrait of themselves at Fitzwilliam Museum
- 10 Little Seedlings workshops to teach budding gardeners this summer
For more information about the Rockets visit their website www.roystonrockets.co.uk