Royston Rockets round-up
THE fifth round of the East Anglia BMX 2010 Summer Series was held at the Peterborough last Sunday.
The day dawned bright and warm and just got hotter for the 120-plus competitors at the event.
The racing, however, was competitive throughout the day for the 19 riders from Royston who had four winners on the day with one of the club’s newest members making his first trip away from Royston.
Daniel Biggs, took first place in the under-seven novice class and wins also went to Daniel Blanche in the 10year class, Ethan Vernon (11-year class) and Lee Alexander, competing in the 40+ Vets class.
A host of other podium places also came Royston’s way with second places going to Ted Dalleywater in the nine-year class, Myles Fisher in the 10-year class, Andrew Brooker in the 16-year category and Helen Nicholl in the 25+ ladies cruiser class.
More third places were achieved by the Rockets from Darren Foreman in the vets class, Faye Godfrey in the girls 10-year class, Matt Salmon in the cruiser 35-39 class and Alfie Salmon in the eight-year class and also took home one of the Rider of the Day awards.
Elsewhere for the Rockets, James King finished fourth in the nine-year class along with James Handleigh (14-year class), Jordan Godfrey (15-year class) and Alex Shore-Nye in the masters (30+) class all finished fourth.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 3 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 4 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 5 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 6 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 7 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 8 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 9 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year
- 10 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge
Matthew Harris took 7th in the 12-year male class and Jak Bracewell in the 17-24 class took sixth in the B final.
The Rockets hold their regular Tuesday night sessions from 6.00pm and for more information visit www.roystonrockets.co.uk or ring 01763 260959.