Royston Rockets in action at Norwich’s East Anglia BMX Racing Series
- Credit: Archant
Royston Rockets Harry Evans took the male 11/12 year category B final win in the fifth round of the East Anglia BMX Racing Series, hosted by the Norwich BMX Club last Sunday.
Team-mate Joshua Izzard finished second in the A final.
Harriet Alexander came home in fifth in the female 11/12 year category.
In the female cruiser classes, Alyx Foreman took second in the 17-29 category with Clare Pollard taking eighth in the 30+ class A final after a fall going into the first corner. Laura Russell rode to a terrific second place in the B final.
Dominic Hines and Hugo McFarlane-Cushing took part in the 7yr class where Dominic finished third in the A final while Hugo took third in the B final whilst in the 8yr class, Ezra Holland finished in fifth place in the class. In the 10’s the Rockets had Oliver Dwyer finishing in eighth in the A final whilst the B final win went to Sunny Holland.
You may also want to watch:
The two 13-year-old Rockets in the Male 13/14 class had a tough days racing with Louis Foreman taking the B final win and Ella Tomsett in her first race back after injury showed the girls can compete with the boys as she finished fourth in the B final whilst in the 15/16yr class James King took third place to keep up his challenge for the top position in the series standings.
The oldest riders register in their normal classes of Masters (30+) and Veterans (40+) but are combined into one large class for the racing and Richard Townsend in the Masters category took the overall race win and Veteran rider, Darren Foreman took third in his class.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 9 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 10 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
The club’s regular Tuesday evening sessions are now in full swing with alternating Club Race Series and coaching sessions taking place from 6.00pm. For more about the club racing and coaching sessions and BMX racing in the region go to www.roystonrockets.co.uk and the BMX East Regional site at www.bmxeast.com